This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a mess (or possibly heaven?)

I stumbled across this "opportunity", it appears that a junkyard in Vermont is being offered up for sale on e-bay. It is a shame that moisture has taken its toll on some of the parts despite being stored inside. Just to keep it Studebaker related, I did see a red R series truck in one of the 375 pictures!

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linco...64268773QQrdZ1

I do not know if the half dozen junkyard dogs are part of the deal or not.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I stumbled across this "opportunity", it appears that a junkyard in Vermont is being offered up for sale on e-bay. It is a shame that moisture has taken its toll on some of the parts despite being stored inside. Just to keep it Studebaker related, I did see a red R series truck in one of the 375 pictures!

Here is the link:

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

I think I spotted some Lark headlight doors in the third pic from the top.

It's really hard to place a value on that stash. What's the value of the real estate, if it's included? Does the guy have an on-going business, with a verifiable cash flow. If I sank my 1.5 mil in this place, what sort of return on my investment could I expect? Not that I have 1.5 mil in my hip pocket, anyway; but the folks who do have that kind of coin are going to be prone to asking that sort of question.

My gut feeling is that when buying a large stash like that, one should pay pennies on the dollar, simply because you are going to be going to the grave still owning a lot of it.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Here is the link:

I think I spotted some Lark headlight doors in the third pic from the top.

It's really hard to place a value on that stash. What's the value of the real estate, if it's included? Does the guy have an on-going business, with a verifiable cash flow. If I sank my 1.5 mil in this place, what sort of return on my investment could I expect? Not that I have 1.5 mil in my hip pocket, anyway; but the folks who do have that kind of coin are going to be prone to asking that sort of question.

My gut feeling is that when buying a large stash like that, one should pay pennies on the dollar, simply because you are going to be going to the grave still owning a lot of it.

Comment

No, the property isn't included. At least, not in the description. Still, he shows several pictures of the buildings. The seller's phone number is at the bottom.

Lots of really neat stuff. Could you imagine inheriting something like this? Potential nightmare.

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

No, the property isn't included. At least, not in the description. Still, he shows several pictures of the buildings. The seller's phone number is at the bottom.

Lots of really neat stuff. Could you imagine inheriting something like this? Potential nightmare.

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

He says the stuff has to be moved. Even if I HAD the asking price - can you IMAGINE the cost and logistics of trying to move and store all that stuff!!![xx(]

BTW, I spotted the 58 Packard hardtop even before I saw mention of it in the write-up!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

He says the stuff has to be moved. Even if I HAD the asking price - can you IMAGINE the cost and logistics of trying to move and store all that stuff!!![xx(]

BTW, I spotted the 58 Packard hardtop even before I saw mention of it in the write-up!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I missed the Packard, I was to stunned trying to figure out how someone would ever be able to tag the parts with what they are and what they possiably fit[8] that is a life time of him just collectiing and never selling a thing.

Randy_G
                www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I missed the Packard, I was to stunned trying to figure out how someone would ever be able to tag the parts with what they are and what they possiably fit[8] that is a life time of him just collectiing and never selling a thing.

Randy_G

Comment

Here's the truck.

I didn't see the Packard.

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, Georgia
                    '59 Scotsman PU
                    '63 Daytona HT

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
                    http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's the truck.

I didn't see the Packard.

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, Georgia
                      '59 Scotsman PU
                      '63 Daytona HT

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
                      http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here is the Packard.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Here is the Packard.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I was so busy looking at the Monte Carlo SS I didnt see it ...[V]

Randy_G

Comment

I was so busy looking at the Monte Carlo SS I didnt see it ...[V]

Randy_G

Comment

Working...
                              X