Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrlaw1
    replied
    LOL, Dean. Confidentiality precludes me from posting pictures . One area of law I don't practice is criminal law. Not because I presume everyone is guilty, but because most of my friends are criminals and they want all the advice for free. I would go broke! And, you're right, text has no sound and it's hard to tell a person is smiling when all you see are words on a screen. I will just have to presume owning a Stude forces a smile on everyone. Good day and good luck with your centre grill. I have a coupe of extra cores, pitted but cheap, if anyone wants to replate.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Just to clarify here, (1)I admit the question: Is it possible no one cares? was out of frustration but as written is a question and not in any way a demand. (2) My feathers are not and were not ever ruffled. I would like to apologise if I ruffled anyone elses feathers.(3) Text has no sound That is a matter of ones interpritation of what they read and once again I apologise if I came across as rude.
    Mr. Warrlaw1, The advise I was seeking was valuable to me and the thing is I needed it soon. I in no way meant to devalue it.
    On a different note would it be possible for you to post a few pictures of these friends of yours? (in a studebaker of course)
    Once again for the record apologies to all for my impatience.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I try to help when I can, but I am online once per day, at the most (some days I don't get online at all).
    My interpretation of driver quality is no damage, no pits and decent chrome. For that, I think that a fair price would be $400-$500.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I have one that I consider "driver quality". It's not as pretty as the one on Steinkamp's C-dan, but it's not ripped, chipped or stripped - and you could bolt it in place and go driving. I gave $150 for it and can't seem to get my money back out of it. At least not from those who've expressed interest in it. Naturally, I'd like to get SOME extra for saving this thing from anonymity/scrappage - which could've easily been it's fate had I not happened along. Maybe I need to run it on ebay.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• hotrodstude
    replied
    with everybody in different time zones and having families an stude down time i never exspect a rapid reply. and sometimes they have to do some research.like whats the ctm rating of the carbs on an r-4 engine? everybody have a good day.peace

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    I paid $1600 for an N.O.S. centre piece. I figure it was a bargain. Dean, I know what you are saying, but I practice law and all my friends and even strangers start off with "Just a quick question..." I give them a quick answer and it's not very encouraging. Everyone wants a quick answer to a quick question and often the advice they seek is much more valuable than to be dismissed so quickly. You more or less have devalued anyone's advice before they have even considered the question. I can see using that line with my hooker friends, though! (lol).

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Thanks Bob I know both of you guys and like to see things run smooth,and every one enjoy what they are doing...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Dean, I just went by what you wrote- " O.K., 28 reads and no responses I doubt that no one knows... Is it possible no one cares?..." It sounded like you were thinking no one cared, based on your saying it; and you'll have a hard time finding a group that cares about their brand of choice- and their people- more than this one! That's what I responded to, with rockne10's point- most people just pop in during the day, and it may be many hours before your question is even seen by those who know- and do care. My intent wasn't to ruffle your feathers, just defend the group. I must have misinterpreted what you meant, which is easy to do with writing instead of speaking; so I apologize for that.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Hay Dean how is it going other wise? About a year ago JP had a nos center 55 chrome grille section sell on e-bay for $1100.00, I had just sold a nice one about 3 months before for $500.00 it got lost by ups and they did every thing they could to not have to stand behind the $500.00 insurance I had on it they would not pay because they didn't think it was worth it but they had no idea what it even was , when JP's sold for $1100.00 I gave them a copy of the e-bay and they paid in a week but it took me a total of 6 months from start to finish so no more UPS shipping for me. if yours is not cracked, broken and has very minor pits and shines good $500.00 is a good start and sit back an enjoy the forum you and I are to old to get worked up, keep in touch and nice looking 56 hawk you should make it part of you post...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Let's lighten up.
    In Bob's defense, you did only allow 38 minutes before expressing frustration. Most of us only get the opportunity to view your request every twenty hours or so. Forums are different than chat rooms. I might ask a question and never get a response. C'est la vie.
    In your defense, the title of your post indicated if response was not quick it was not needed. C'est la vie.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Please kindly consider this the same tip for future reference...I Did not demand anything and would appreciate you not rewording or conveniently deleting part of what I did post to make yourself sound good. (if you don't mind).
    Also if anything about my posts upset you Feel free to ignore them and I'll show you the same courtesy.
    Kindest regards,
    Dean.

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    A tip for future reference: Not all questions get answered immediately, and frequently not within the roughly half-hour between your post and "no one cares". Not many have an accurate answer for your question- so that added to the delay. I bet the 28 that read but didn't answer didn't know, and couldn't tell from your title what you wanted till they looked; so they didn't answer. And, demanding immediate answers doesn't always inspire free help

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    O.K. Guy's thanks for all the good advise.
    Dean.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 53k

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

$1000+
    What Jeff said.
    I KNEW I should have parted out that car!

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

replied
    quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

$1000+
    What Jeff said. Since this piece is used on all '55s including Speedsters, it is pretty sought after. Nos brings MUCH more.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Leave a comment:

Working...
X