• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question/quick response?

What is a fair (non caso) price for a 55 front chrome center piece
    driver condition.
    FAIR AND NON CASO EQUALLY IMPORTANT.
    Dean.[?]

O.K., 28 reads and no responses I doubt that no one knows... Is it possible no one cares?...
    Or is it that the first 28 are all CASO'S,
    Thanks,
    Dean.

Comment

$1000+
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Ok Thats what I was offered minus one 0+

Comment

No, the center chrome not including the "v" piece.

Comment

Everybody's idea of "driver condition" and "fair price" are different. If you could post a picture, that would help.

To me, driver condition would mean no pits, shiny chrome, no dents or scrapes. The next step up would be "show chrome". I would guess replating a good core to show chrome status would run $1500 or more.

Here's a "driver quailty" front chrome center piece on my '55 Cdan...

I sold the whole car for about $5k...

The center section fits ALL '55 passenger cars.

I would guess one in this condition might go $500.

Again, if YOUR idea of "driver condition" is less than this, the price would be less.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

$1000+
              What Jeff said. Since this piece is used on all '55s including Speedsters, it is pretty sought after. Nos brings MUCH more.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

$1000+
                What Jeff said.
                I KNEW I should have parted out that car!

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

O.K. Guy's thanks for all the good advise.
                  Dean.

Comment

A tip for future reference: Not all questions get answered immediately, and frequently not within the roughly half-hour between your post and "no one cares". Not many have an accurate answer for your question- so that added to the delay. I bet the 28 that read but didn't answer didn't know, and couldn't tell from your title what you wanted till they looked; so they didn't answer. And, demanding immediate answers doesn't always inspire free help

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Please kindly consider this the same tip for future reference...I Did not demand anything and would appreciate you not rewording or conveniently deleting part of what I did post to make yourself sound good. (if you don't mind).
                      Also if anything about my posts upset you Feel free to ignore them and I'll show you the same courtesy.
                      Kindest regards,
                      Dean.

Comment

Let's lighten up.
                        In Bob's defense, you did only allow 38 minutes before expressing frustration. Most of us only get the opportunity to view your request every twenty hours or so. Forums are different than chat rooms. I might ask a question and never get a response. C'est la vie.
                        In your defense, the title of your post indicated if response was not quick it was not needed. C'est la vie.
                        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Hay Dean how is it going other wise? About a year ago JP had a nos center 55 chrome grille section sell on e-bay for $1100.00, I had just sold a nice one about 3 months before for $500.00 it got lost by ups and they did every thing they could to not have to stand behind the $500.00 insurance I had on it they would not pay because they didn't think it was worth it but they had no idea what it even was , when JP's sold for $1100.00 I gave them a copy of the e-bay and they paid in a week but it took me a total of 6 months from start to finish so no more UPS shipping for me. if yours is not cracked, broken and has very minor pits and shines good $500.00 is a good start and sit back an enjoy the forum you and I are to old to get worked up, keep in touch and nice looking 56 hawk you should make it part of you post...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Dean, I just went by what you wrote- " O.K., 28 reads and no responses I doubt that no one knows... Is it possible no one cares?..." It sounded like you were thinking no one cared, based on your saying it; and you'll have a hard time finding a group that cares about their brand of choice- and their people- more than this one! That's what I responded to, with rockne10's point- most people just pop in during the day, and it may be many hours before your question is even seen by those who know- and do care. My intent wasn't to ruffle your feathers, just defend the group. I must have misinterpreted what you meant, which is easy to do with writing instead of speaking; so I apologize for that.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thanks Bob I know both of you guys and like to see things run smooth,and every one enjoy what they are doing...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X