No announcement yet.

quick question/quick response?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid $1600 for an N.O.S. centre piece. I figure it was a bargain. Dean, I know what you are saying, but I practice law and all my friends and even strangers start off with "Just a quick question..." I give them a quick answer and it's not very encouraging. Everyone wants a quick answer to a quick question and often the advice they seek is much more valuable than to be dismissed so quickly. You more or less have devalued anyone's advice before they have even considered the question. I can see using that line with my hooker friends, though! (lol).
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

with everybody in different time zones and having families an stude down time i never exspect a rapid reply. and sometimes they have to do some research.like whats the ctm rating of the carbs on an r-4 engine? everybody have a good day.peace

Comment

I have one that I consider "driver quality". It's not as pretty as the one on Steinkamp's C-dan, but it's not ripped, chipped or stripped - and you could bolt it in place and go driving. I gave $150 for it and can't seem to get my money back out of it. At least not from those who've expressed interest in it. Naturally, I'd like to get SOME extra for saving this thing from anonymity/scrappage - which could've easily been it's fate had I not happened along. Maybe I need to run it on ebay.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I try to help when I can, but I am online once per day, at the most (some days I don't get online at all).
          My interpretation of driver quality is no damage, no pits and decent chrome. For that, I think that a fair price would be $400-$500.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just to clarify here, (1)I admit the question: Is it possible no one cares? was out of frustration but as written is a question and not in any way a demand. (2) My feathers are not and were not ever ruffled. I would like to apologise if I ruffled anyone elses feathers.(3) Text has no sound That is a matter of ones interpritation of what they read and once again I apologise if I came across as rude.
            Mr. Warrlaw1, The advise I was seeking was valuable to me and the thing is I needed it soon. I in no way meant to devalue it.
            On a different note would it be possible for you to post a few pictures of these friends of yours? (in a studebaker of course)
            Once again for the record apologies to all for my impatience.

Comment

LOL, Dean. Confidentiality precludes me from posting pictures . One area of law I don't practice is criminal law. Not because I presume everyone is guilty, but because most of my friends are criminals and they want all the advice for free. I would go broke! And, you're right, text has no sound and it's hard to tell a person is smiling when all you see are words on a screen. I will just have to presume owning a Stude forces a smile on everyone. Good day and good luck with your centre grill. I have a coupe of extra cores, pitted but cheap, if anyone wants to replate.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
              X