Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    If I read this correctly, you are trying to plumb a partial flow filter into an engine, that never had a full flow filter, as a full flow filter. The partial flow filter system that you plan on using for full flow has a restrictor in the lines to control the oil through the filter. I can't imagine that you will get enough oil through the restrictor for all of your engine's needs. If you remove the restrictor, I think that you may be asking too much of that filter system.
    My basic question is: Why do you want to attempt this? The correct partial flow filter system for that six is more than enough with modern oils, light use and frequent oil changes.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Quote: "What's that thing up near the front behind the timing gear cover? It has about a 7/8" head."

A pressure relief valve.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• buddymander
    started a topic Full Flow Flathead

Full Flow Flathead

I getting ready to go over to Lowe's to find a plug to put into the outlet of my oil pump on my 56 185. Then I'll run a line from the outlet on the outside of my pump to a 57 289 filter and then from there back to the oil gallery. Then I'll just plug the return line hole in the side of the oil fill tube. I AM concerned with too much pressure on a cold morning blowing the filter right off. It needs a pressure relief valve. Is there already one in there somewhere? What's that thing up near the front behind the timing gear cover? It has about a 7/8" head.
Working...
X