No announcement yet.

Full Flow Flathead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclary--I think the original intent of Studebaker engineers was to make the oil last longer. My ONLY concern is the rod bearings, actually. I don't care about the rings, mains, valves, timing gears, oil pump, cylinders, etc. I want clean oil (particulate free) going to these particular bearings. They are the weakest link, and I intend to "over-stress" (as you aptly called it) this engine. You can have my bypass filter if you pay shipping.

Comment

Thanks for the filter offer. I think I have plenty for now. However, you have my curiosity up now. Are you going to race this engine? In any event, keep us updated on your project and let us know how it turns out.
      One other thing as a side note. Somewhere in the "man cave" I have a spare engine block that someone gave me years ago. It has two oil pumps bolted together. I don't know what the owner was trying to achieve with them. Whatever it was it must have not worked because the motor was locked up. I accepted the "gift" because I thought it had one of those rare "vacuum" pump options offered back in the day to run windshield wipers. I didn't realize until later that it was two oil pumps bolted together. Has anyone else ever seen this?
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I want to make an adapter for an A4LD, then turbo it.

Comment

Working...
        X