Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever been to the Summit Studebaker rally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever been to the Summit Studebaker rally?

I saw an ad in the June Turning Wheels for a Studebaker/Packard Cruise-in and Rally, Sponsored by Summit Racing in Ohio on Aug 29. 2009. It says that it is the 17th one.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been to it, and if there is enough cars and parts there to make it worthwhile. It's less than 2 hours from me, so I'm interested in going, but not if its just a big dud.

This is the first at Summit Racing. We moved it from Wink's Drive-In this year, but it's the same date for the meet every year. It would have been the 17th at Wink's. We generally get between 150 to 200 Studebakers and an array of Packards. Other makes will be at Summit, too. There are to be food vendors and much more. Again, first time there for our club, but it should be very nice and it's right off of I-76. Ten feet off.

Comment

Link to last year:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21923&SearchTerms=Wink's

Karkiewicz usually brings his bus of parts and there are a few other vendors. This one may bring more. The vendors do pretty well there. There are many parts hungry folks who don't get out to the bigger events.

Comment

If it's the old Wink's show... Get your butt over there!
        That's a great show...
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by jeryst

I saw an ad in the June Turning Wheels for a Studebaker/Packard Cruise-in and Rally, Sponsored by Summit Racing in Ohio on Aug 29. 2009. It says that it is the 17th one.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been to it, and if there is enough cars and parts there to make it worthwhile. It's less than 2 hours from me, so I'm interested in going, but not if its just a big dud.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

OK, I will plan on attending.

Will any vendors be selling rechromed bumpers? I need a rear bumper for a 57 Golden Hawk. I would also be willing to buy a nice driver quality bumper instead of a rechomed one, if anyone has one that they want to bring.

Comment

what happened to Wink's?

Ken Pyle

Comment

Originally posted by jeryst

"OK, I will plan on attending.
              Will any vendors be selling rechromed bumpers?"

Yes, if you email me I will give you info to make sure what you need is brought to the meet to check out.

Originally posted by studeken
              "what happened to Wink's?"

Long story. No need to get into it here, but the Summit spot is a great place for a Stude Meet and they will hopefully enjoy being taken over by Studebakers for a day. I'll just be happy if there are t-shirts with a simple name like Studebaker spelled correctly. Summit is, maybe, 20 minutes northeast of Wink's. I'm having a local meet at my house, June 28th, as well. All are welcome.

Comment

Sorry guys, but there are NO vendors alowed at the Summit meet in August.
                It seems the Summit people (company) do not allow outside vendors on thier property.

To verify this look in the next Turning Wheels and you will see the ad for the meet has been modified.

Never the less we all plan to be there and have a good time.

As for WINKS, it seems they have new owners that did not want to work with the Ohio Region Chapter as the old owners did.

In the past we have had people come from as far away as Maine, S. Carolina, and of course the Canadians ad a bunch of fun to the mix.

if you havent been there you gota come.
                Chester

So much wine. So little time.

Comment

BK,

Welcome to the Forum. Saw your name as "newest member" when I logged on, and here is your first post.

Also welcome to Stu Chapman -- saw his "newest member" earlier today.
                  JWW

Comment

Well, if vendors are not allowed, then that sheds a different light on things, and I may decide not to go. A couple hour drive just to go to a car show, with summer gas prices, is not that appealing, even if it is Studebakers.

I was planning on making up a list of items that I want to buy from Summit while I was there, but if they are going to not allow vendors, then I just might take my business elsewhere.

I dont see what the big deal is about vendors. Most parts that they sell are NOS or used, and its not like Summit sells anything for Studebakers anyways. Allowing vendors would make it more successful, and not allowing them will just keep people like me away.

As usual, they'll step over a dollar to pick up a nickle.

Comment

jeryst,the parts vendor that sells rechromed bumpers lives very close to Summit.Close enough to get on a "lunch break".

Comment

As was mentioned above, Summit Racing will now not allow vendors at this new meet site. My misunderstanding, sorry. Wink's usually allowed it, but it was always Studebakers and Packards only there. Summit will have many other makes on display during this meet and it could get very crowded with multiple makes and their own vendors, so Summit doesn't allow for that space. So, if anyone needs bumpers, or other items let me know and we'll see if someone can bring them for you without setting up a table, or vending site. Tommy Karkiewicz was the largest vendor at Wink's each year when he could make it. It started out as a show only and only a few vendors would show up with a small array of parts. It's never been like a meet at South Bend, or an International vendor-wise. It still is very fun and a great, relaxed car show to enjoy and meet fellow members. We hope that even with gas prices that you will join us for one of the summer's best Studebaker events in Ohio. You can still save a ton on Summit's shipping & handling charges by showing up and picking up parts there.

Comment

Working...
                        X