Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great.

Comment

Whoa, Bob! The car is lookin' good, and what a relief that the storm didn't knock anything into the project of a permanent nature. Love the Blue Mist; is it supposed to be an accurate mix to the original color? 'Looks like a good hit if it was. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanx Bob. Yeah, my local PPG dealer had the formula in their computer system. I wanted the car to go back original, but I'm not a stickler for precise exactness. It's a pretty color and I'm happy with it so far.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Scraped down all the tarry fibre pads from the roof and cleaned what little residue there was with lacquer thinner. Truly amasing to see shiny, unblemished sheet metal expanse to a Studebaker![:0]
          I fretted about what to put up there and settled on Q-pads to inhibit it sounding like cymbals in a symphony. I WISH they lent some heat-cool insulative qualities, but from all I can read, that isn't the case. I've tried some "Lizard Skin" spray-on stuff which is 'sposed to do both, but it was a pain to spray on.

I've also got a 5 gal bucket of Quiet Car, and I intend to roller/brush that stuff onto the floors and rear wheel wells - maybe the trunk floor too.
          Doors are going back on today. Now aiming at painting a week from this Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Further investigation of the cracking around that crossmember body mount point over the rear axle: Cruisers came standard with a snubber. It's the top of this snubber that fractured the floorboard![:0][:0] I can see where the jounce bumpers that the axle tubes would encounter under heavy load of hard knocks have definitly taken blows in the past. Somebody rode this poor Cruiser HARD!
          Frame looks good tho!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Biggs,would you be so kind as to post that PPG paint mix number PLEAASEEE!!!!!?????

Comment

MTV 14212A Blue Mist Metallic.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

Comment

Thank You Biggsie!!

Comment

Beautiful colour, Mr Biggs! I wonder if that's what colour Ed used to be. Your Cruiser is going to be beautiful. Thanks for sharing the progress.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Going back togetgher now! NOS front panel in place. Three of the doors on and adjusted.

Yesterday, these virgin beauties showed up at our door! FORTY-SIX YEARS they've been hiding in their original cartons - just waiting to be called to serve![:0] There's a set of four matching panels. Not Cruiser exact, but Y6 trim. They look GORGEOUS to me.[:X]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

Comment

Are there seat covers to match?

Panels look great.

I had just the opposite problem ten years ago. Had a 1962 Y6 Lark and ended up with a set of '62 Cruiser panels...

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                      [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

Those are beautiful panels.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

As I wrote in another thread yesterday, I've had the seats done using 64 cloth/vinyl covers that were dug outta the piles of stuff at SASCO when I was there a few years back. I'll take a photo of the seats in a bit so you can see them. But trust me, they'll go great with these pristine panels, NOS headliner, some of JDP's carpets and the NOS pkg shelf cardboard from SASCO. With a fresh dash cap from SI and a new vanity from SASCO - dyed to match the original dash color - ooooooh Baby![] OH! NOS Palace Blue steering wheel too!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1963 Cruiser
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                          X