A Heartfelt Thanks to Gary Lindstrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Heartfelt Thanks to Gary Lindstrom

I've been reading my autographed issue of TW with the feature about Ted and the CH (March 96). Included in that issue is a section on page 5 called Meet your SDC VIPs!. Featured was our own Studegary...

If you've never read it, or don't know, Gary is clearly in the upper echelon of the Studebaker universe. His sig. line alludes to his many decades of membership and interest, but what it doesn't tell is the array of leadership positions and accomplishments within the marque, and the number of Studes he's owned, restored, shown, and judged; the numbers in all those categories are staggering- including the prestigious Harry Barnes award received in 2008 (See below thread):

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=22631

Gary, I hope I'm not out of line here, or embarrassing you; but you're a modest, low-key guy- and probably many of us "newbies" have no idea of your service to the Stude world. Before I knew any of it, I knew you as a friend- and am proud to do so.

Thank you for all your efforts, along with an elite group of others, who have done so much to promote, preserve, and build on the legacy of an obscure marque- keeping it alive and vital for us latecomers!

(P.S. My Larks said "thanks" too!)

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

I am looking forward to reading this!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Bob A. - Thanks for the kind words. Of course, I have accomplished a lot of Studebaker and non-Studebaker activities since that short summary article was written 13-14 years ago.
      I believe that that series of articles was done when Linda Fox was the Editor of Turning Wheels. It might be something to resurrect.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You're welcome, Gary. There are many well-known, accomplished folks in the Stude world, but few with the list you have- and being more low-profile than most, not many of us newbies realize it. If you chucked the whole thing today, you'd still always be in rarified air at the top, and I respect and appreciate that...

Maybe Matthew will eclipse you someday, but at 18 already he better get a-movin' if he hopes to!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
        X