Moving tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving tribute

About mid-day at the La Palma Car Show, the P.A. system started playing the National Anthem. Everyone in and out of the park stopped and turned to the Flag flying at the center of the field. Hands over hearts, not a person moving, even people in the parking lot of the park, next to the show area. Very Moving. Thanks to all that were there.

Doug, the Orange Empire Chapter is to be congratulated for doing a Memorial day car show the right way, by honoring those brave Americans who have and are serving us all. [^] I am glad to hear that, and by all accounts the show went very well.

Having been there many times when the Park was well kept, I could not help but notice, the weeds, poor remnants of grass, trash and even no grass on parts of the once beautiful Park, that saddened me a lot.

I guess the hard times are showing in more places than our wallets.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

During the NASCAR race in Charlotte, at 3 PM, they stopped the race, shut down all the engines, and everybody observed a minute of silence. Pretty cool.[8D]

Comment

It was announced that all sporting events were stopped at 3 pm local time, nationwide. This was a request from the President. I was watching the race so I don't know how this fared.

Rich, I thought it was because of water restriction here.

Comment

Another nice thing done there was the pictures of all in attendance that desired, to have a group picture behind the 2 recently departed members cars & give their condolances to the family there. I havent seen that done before but felt it was a very kind & loving gesture to the families.

60 Lark convertible
          61 Champ
          62 Daytona convertible
          63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2)
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
          X