1936 dictator 4 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 dictator 4 door

i'm new here and just wanted to tell every one my story. so my grandfather purchased a 36 dictator back in i think the 40's. after he came back to utah when the war ended he parked it and started to drive something else. fast forward 40 years my uncles in the mid 80's went down to his property in southern utah and brought the dictator to salt lake. it ended up at my one uncles house out side exposed to the weather. just about 2 weeks ago my mom tells me that my uncle has to get rid of grandpa's car. so i was right on the phone finding out what was going on. the city had got on my uncles case about having a car parked on his "lawn". so i just bought a house with a garage and have a place to put it. he tells me i'll pass it on to you so it can basically stay in the family. he had some one who was interested in buying it from him. so i'm way excited. we move in 2 1/2 weeks and then i will have full access to the car. i will post pics when i can. it should be lots of fun i have always wanted this car and now i'm ending up with it. and the best part is that it my grandfathers car.

if it's too loud your too old
    if it\'s too loud your too old

You're gonna fit right in around here. Hurry with those pics.

Comment

i'll get pics as soon as i can. my biggest conflict right now is what car to work on first. i still have my first car i bought 7 years ago when i was in high school. its a 1973 mercury comet. and i want to do a full resto on that too so it's a toss up. i think what will happen is i'll work on both of them at the same time. when i get tired of one i'll go to the other and do what i can. i'm just excited to be getting a garage to store my cars in.

if it\'s too loud your too old

Comment

Sounds like fun....
        Put yourself a plan together so you can stay organized as to your priorities....
        Get a service manual and a parts manual...It will help..
        Here's a good source of info right here on this site:
        http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/techtips.asp
        and specifically:
        http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tech_things2do.asp
        (Use this as your priorities list...it is that good[])
        Good luck with your project(s)...
        HTIH
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bartikus

i'll get pics as soon as i can. my biggest conflict right now is what car to work on first. i still have my first car i bought 7 years ago when i was in high school. its a 1973 mercury comet. and i want to do a full resto on that too so it's a toss up. i think what will happen is i'll work on both of them at the same time. when i get tired of one i'll go to the other and do what i can. i'm just excited to be getting a garage to store my cars in.

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
        X