This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Assembled GT Hawks

I just purchased a '63 GT that is Hamilton built. I bought it from the second owner who purchased it from the original owner in 1975. It currently has the proper 1963 Hawk full wheelcovers on it, but the owner showed me pictures of the car when he had just taken possession of it in 1975...it had the small Studebaker hub caps on the white wheels.

I've never seen a STOCK GT Hawk with the small hubcaps. Were the full wheelcovers an option on ALL GT Hawks, on HAMILTON Hawks, none of the above?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

I know from a Cdn original bill of sale I have that on Mar 14/64 a set of full wheel covers was a $16.30 item

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I know from a Cdn original bill of sale I have that on Mar 14/64 a set of full wheel covers was a $16.30 item

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Bob...is that a bill of sale JUST for a set of wheel covers, or as a line item on a bill of sale for a GT Hawk?

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Bob...is that a bill of sale JUST for a set of wheel covers, or as a line item on a bill of sale for a GT Hawk?

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick: Referencing an original copy of 1963 Studebaker Options and Prices, Item #PD 63-62.

Full wheel covers were optional all models for $15.95 except 63V-K and RQ, where an asterisk * directs you to the bottom of the page and says *Standard on these models.

This is a domestic piece of litertature. I do not know to what extent, if any, it applies to Hamilton vehicles. But at least it answers the South-Bend production reality. [8D] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Dick: Referencing an original copy of 1963 Studebaker Options and Prices, Item #PD 63-62.

Full wheel covers were optional all models for $15.95 except 63V-K and RQ, where an asterisk * directs you to the bottom of the page and says *Standard on these models.

This is a domestic piece of litertature. I do not know to what extent, if any, it applies to Hamilton vehicles. But at least it answers the South-Bend production reality. [8D] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

.........and I am looking at an S-P of Canada, Ltd 'Confidential Sales Bulletin' dated 10-19-62. Subject: 1963 Model Standard Equipment List. Near the bottom of the last page it shows:
                Wheel Hub Covers, Chrome.........All except K6
                Wheel Discs, Chrome..............K6 only

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
                Dwain G.

Comment

.........and I am looking at an S-P of Canada, Ltd 'Confidential Sales Bulletin' dated 10-19-62. Subject: 1963 Model Standard Equipment List. Near the bottom of the last page it shows:
                  Wheel Hub Covers, Chrome.........All except K6
                  Wheel Discs, Chrome..............K6 only

Dwain G.

Comment

Maybe it was a delete option? Did that apply to 53-54 K's too? Being a Canadian member I do know that Hamilton didn't necessarily dance to South Bends tune. My 54 Commander K came with small hubcaps. The only option it had was two tone paint. According to John Bridges excellent book, on a two tone car sandusky beige was always a roof colour. Not so mine. Sandusky beige body, Chadron Red roof. Wheels are supposed to be body colour, mine are Chadron Red. It also has 53 tailight housings.

Comment

Maybe it was a delete option? Did that apply to 53-54 K's too? Being a Canadian member I do know that Hamilton didn't necessarily dance to South Bends tune. My 54 Commander K came with small hubcaps. The only option it had was two tone paint. According to John Bridges excellent book, on a two tone car sandusky beige was always a roof colour. Not so mine. Sandusky beige body, Chadron Red roof. Wheels are supposed to be body colour, mine are Chadron Red. It also has 53 tailight housings.

Comment

Very interesting. So you have the 'bright' red, not the 'dark' red? I wonder if there is still a paint code sticker in the car, maybe stuck to the glove box liner, or somewhere along the top of the firewall?

Dwain G.

Comment

Very interesting. So you have the 'bright' red, not the 'dark' red? I wonder if there is still a paint code sticker in the car, maybe stuck to the glove box liner, or somewhere along the top of the firewall?

Dwain G.

Comment

Dick , this is a 64 bill of sales for a daytona I have and it has the options listed and the full wheel discs were $16.30 . I would think that a GT would have been the same for the same year. I think most studes came stock with just hubcaps ....maybe the Avanti was the exception.

sigpic

Comment

Dick , this is a 64 bill of sales for a daytona I have and it has the options listed and the full wheel discs were $16.30 . I would think that a GT would have been the same for the same year. I think most studes came stock with just hubcaps ....maybe the Avanti was the exception.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X