Sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it just me BUT sometimes I wonder what some sellers on E-bay are thinking. There's a set of Hawk fins for sale seperatly. At this point one has one min bid the other has no bid. Now if I am the seller what the heck are you going to do with one fin. I know there can always be a buyer for one but I sure would think a matching pair would sell better then one. I'm sure the seller was thinking someone will need both and I can get more seperate then together but now what?

Ya he calls them Golden hawks and they are 59-61 style, he will think they are not worth much because no one bids on them..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

Maybe it just me BUT sometimes I wonder what some sellers on E-bay are thinking. There's a set of Hawk fins for sale seperatly. At this point one has one min bid the other has no bid. Now if I am the seller what the heck are you going to do with one fin. I know there can always be a buyer for one but I sure would think a matching pair would sell better then one. I'm sure the seller was thinking someone will need both and I can get more seperate then together but now what?
      Very simple. the guy hopes to make a bit more by splitting them up. hmmh! A tacky method. Kinda like spliting up a set of wheelcovers. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Anybody got a left fin for a 57 SilverHawk?

Comment

Yea, I think there is one on E-bay. maybe it is the right!!!!What ever side it is it is for sale. I am sure he can cut it in half if you only need the back half. I guess it always has been a pet peave of mine. I used to go to the junk yards buy a door and they handed me a compltete door. Now when you buy a door all you get is the shell, kinda like going to the dealership. I always wondered , how much more are they really going to make parting it out. I bet most of those parts get lost or broken before they are sold. Raise the price if you may and sell the complete door. I remember this strip the part game begining when I started restorong Corvettes in the 80's. All of a sudden the hobby was gone and the big buissness took over. O well maybe I am just getting grumpy in my old age. Sorry to rant.

Comment

Actually I just need the fronts of both sides. The rears of mine are okay and I want to use them to extend a pair about 3-4 inches. My right side has rustout near the front and the left one has a messy repair in the middle.

Comment

Working...
            X