Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between CA. & S.B. Larks ????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between CA. & S.B. Larks ????

I have been told there are slight differences between California and South Bend built Larks. What are these differences ??.....Brad

quote:Originally posted by bradnree

I have been told there are slight differences between California and South Bend built Larks. What are these differences ??.....Brad
    There were NO California built Larks. The Vernon plant closed in 1956.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bradnree

There were NO California built Larks. The Vernon plant closed in 1956.

Craig

Comment

I think you might be referring to South Bend vs Hamilton (Canadian) Larks.

Comment

I think you might be referring to South Bend vs Hamilton (Canadian) Larks.

Comment

One thing all 1964 Cdn larks had all white steering wheels , not sure about the 65 and 66's though.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

One thing all 1964 Cdn larks had all white steering wheels , not sure about the 65 and 66's though.

sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

My 65 has a blue steering wheel, not two toned.

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Comment

My 65 has a blue steering wheel, not two toned.

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Comment

My Hamilton built 64 Daytona has a large decal on the passenger side of the windshield with the slogan "Ask the man who owns one". I wasn't sure if it was a factory item or if someone added it later. Anyone?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
                    64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

My Hamilton built 64 Daytona has a large decal on the passenger side of the windshield with the slogan "Ask the man who owns one". I wasn't sure if it was a factory item or if someone added it later. Anyone?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
                      64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

"Ask the man that owns one" was a slogan of the Packard Motor Car Company, not of Studebaker. It is actually one of the most enduring and recognizable advertising lines ever created.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

"Ask the man that owns one" was a slogan of the Packard Motor Car Company, not of Studebaker. It is actually one of the most enduring and recognizable advertising lines ever created.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I had two '64 wagons which incidentally, George has now in Oregon. One was Canadian, the other was a South Bend car. The two were largely identical. The only differences were trim and the steering wheel. Well, that and the Candian car was a manual and the SB car was automatic.

Lotsa Larks!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I had two '64 wagons which incidentally, George has now in Oregon. One was Canadian, the other was a South Bend car. The two were largely identical. The only differences were trim and the steering wheel. Well, that and the Candian car was a manual and the SB car was automatic.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X