EMF Barn Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMF Barn Find

Last week on my auto tech forum, iATN, a shop owner in Minnesota posted that a customer brought in an all original 1912 EMF/Flanders for them to get running. He wasn't sure how long it had been sitting, but was last licensed in 1927!
    He was asked for a pic but never posted one. It is after all, a customer's car, not his own.

[img][img]
    Dwain G.

I wish I knew where it is. I'm in Minnesota.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Proauto and Transmission, Norwood, MN. I see he has now posted a pic.....

[img][/img]

[img][img]
      Dwain G.

Comment

Neat!
        I love the thought of brass-era stuff stil out there waitingto be found.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Norwood is a 40 minute drive from my door. Hmmm...
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Do I see the remnants of a Paxton supercharger bracket?[:0][] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It actually looks in pretty good shape for its age... Would be neat to see it restored. [8D][^]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
              May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
              http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander
              Zone Coordinator
              Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Good to see the steering wheel is on the correct side of the car

Matt
                Brisban
                Australia
                Matt
                Brisbane
                Australia
                sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

BP observes:"Do I see the remnants of a Paxton supercharger bracket?"

Bob, I'm not seeing that, but it DOES appear there's a Climb-atizer sticking out thru the firewall.[}]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

...drop in a R-2...

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Do I see the remnants of a Paxton supercharger bracket?[:0][] BP
                      Not sure about that forced induction, but any ideas on the correct battery bracket (and correct wing nuts...) Bob?

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                      [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 62champ

Not sure about that forced induction, but any ideas on the correct battery bracket (and correct wing nuts...) Bob?
                        [8D] Good question. Didn't those things have little individual dry cells that you parked in a wooden box? I honestly don't know. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ah, there ain't nuthin' that dropping in a small block Chevy couldn't cure! &lt;rolleyes&gt;

What a neat barn find! Is the owner going to restore the car? Or he just wants it running?? I bet you could have knocked the shop owner over with a feather when this was towed in! Very neat indeed![]

Frank Remlinger
                          SDC# A004602R
                          Frank Remlinger
                          Detroit, Michigan
                          SDC# A004602R

Comment

Any ballpark numbers for its value
                            in its current conditon
                            and restored condition.

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                            ~Nitram~
                            57 Transtar

Comment

The box on the running board held the dry cell batterys. They were used for starting then you switch to the magneto. I had the 1910 EMF that is in the SNM here last year to get running for the owner. Had to replace the rear axels and bearings along with the clutch and other things. Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X