Myer's Tech Meet 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myer's Tech Meet 2009

I wanted to personally thank the kind hospitality of those in attendance at the Myer's Tech Meet today. Jon, Betty, Michael, Linda, Michelle & the many employees who showed up and helped with the mini-tours of the grounds, garages & parts buildings, and constant Studebaker questions are to be commended for their efforts. The first really hot, clear spring day made for a good crowd, and for me, a rain free 6 hours of total drive time.
    Michael offered a free inspection of anyone's car who asked and waited in line. That often included small fixes for some of them, including mine. Much appreciated, Mike!

Some of the Studebaker crowd.
    [img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Current restorations were abundant and keeping the staff busy.
    [img][/img]

[img][/img]

Tech inspections kept Michael busy all day.
    [img][/img]

Thanks for finding a better (correct) part for my accelerator linkage, Michael. [^]
    [img][/img]

Jon's daughter, Michelle extracting 50/50 drawing donations from the members, including SDC President, Ed Reynolds.

[img][/img]

And if you liked hunting for parts, this was the place to be.
    [img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

In pursuit!
    [img][/img]

The parts boss (in black) poised like the ok corral standoff.. holding court outside. Jon was quite busy totaling up parts requests and answering many questions inside throughout most of the day.
    [img][/img]

If you get a chance in the future, you must make it to this annual event. You will not be disappointed. Thanks again, Myer clan. [^][8D]

Thanks for the pics, Dave. I've been there once (had my Wagonaire tech inspected.) Jon and the family host a great meet!

What a treasure trove of parts.
    JWW

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JWW

Thanks for the pics, Dave. I've been there once (had my Wagonaire tech inspected.) Jon and the family host a great meet!

What a treasure trove of parts.
      JWW

Sounds and looks like a great time! Wish I could've made it. Glad to hear, Dave, that you made it there and back without incident.

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
      '64 Daytona Hardtop
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

You're welcome, guys. Great day and a pleasant drive. Good test for the heat.
        John, there were some folks there from PA and your chapter, as well as one guy from upper Michigan. That fellow loaded up on parts. I thought my drive was long!

Comment

I wish I could of been there! But it was good to see my car up on the hydraulic lift. Michael has pulled the engine and stripped the engine compartment so far! It's probably a good thing I live in Oklahoma vs. Ohio because I would spend too much time at Myer's Studebaker and then Michael would never get done.

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
          sigpic
          John
          63R-2386
          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I came up from Pittsburgh. Great place, great weather, great time, and very nice people. If you get a chance to attend this event in the future do so. Also they had a great 50 50 drawing.

"I know nothing"

Sargent Schultz

Comment

Thanks for the post, Dave; nice pictures.

I had a chance to go over with Jim Turner and Ed Reynolds, but had finally secured a time that morning with Studebaker's West Coast PR man to tidy up the details of that up-coming interview for Turning Wheels. (We had done the interview through e-mail, but were to meet to secure some period photos from his time, make sure he approved of my final version, and take some new photos of "today" to appear in the article.)

After playing phone tag for 10 days and nailing down an appointment, I wasn't going to postpone it for anything. And it was a good meeting; this will be a great article (I hope and think). BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Billmdonn- "I came up from Pittsburgh."
                Always great to meet forum members, Bill! Hope you guys found a few needed parts.

"...And it was a good meeting; this will be a great article (I hope and think). BP"
                Sounds like a rare interview, Bob. Can't wait. It was great to spend time with Ed and Jim yesterday. Two very talented guys.
                Btw, BP, make sure that article has thoroughly checked photo captions!

Comment

Working...
                X