Yuma Studebird Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuma Studebird Update

We had our car delivered to a professional classic car guy here on Wednesday. 5 1/2 years of having work done by well-intentioned and non-professional (i.e. in over their heads) guys has left us pretty frustrated. This guy is the real deal and, of course, we will have to pay real prices. He says he can restore the original dash and original steering wheel which was great news. The Stude V-8 engine has only 18,000 miles on it. He mentioned Studebaker's superior-to-GM engineering, specifically the frame and hill holder. Maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is no longer a train. I still have not attempted to post pictures but will do so after my school year ends in mid-June. Know that this car, which was customized in the 50's by my wife's uncle and father, is one of a kind, as far as I know. Pictures will verify.

Tim Painter-Custom '53 Commander Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
    https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

We shall anxiously await some pictures from you Tim.[] Too bad you had to go through all the frustations of not geting much done by the previous party you commissioned to do the work. By the way it was good to visit with you last month in Yuma at "Midnight at the Oasis".

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Tim, email me the pics if you want and I'll post them. I've been looking forward to seeing this car for quite sometime!

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

there ya go; I wanna see it too.

Comment

Hopefully we will see it by the 2010 meet in Glendale or before.
          Denny L

Comment

Working...
          X