Ontario Spring Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Spring Swap Meet

I'm planning to go to this meet on Saturday. What time does it open and are there many vendors signed up. Thanks.
    Joe

Usually gets going about 10 am . There aren't alot of vendors but it seems that everyone enjoys getting out for the 1st club event here in Ontario . Its suppost to be a very nice day on saturday so maybe there will be a good turn out of Studebakers ...i need to get my truck out of mothballs before the weekend !

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'll be there, hopefully in my Lark; if not, I'll be in my pretend Wagonaire!

S.

Comment

All the info is here!

Spring Swap Meet

36th Annual Ontario Chapter Spring Swap Meet. Badenoch Community Centre. Come one and all to the Annual Ontario Chapter Swap Meet. Its a good time to dust off the Studebakers and drive them down to the Old Badenoch School. Bring any spare parts you have for sale. If you are on the hunt for some parts, now is the time to meet some of your fellow SDC members and see what they have to offer. There are hundreds of Studebakers and lots of parts still left in Ontario.
        Three special features will be added.

(1) Ray Martin will tell us how to score big points at judging.

(2) Earl Randall will tell us what to do mechanically when taking the car out after a very long winter.

(3) Blackboard WANTED and FOR SALE Ads. Sometimes you don't see the part you want, or its too big to bring for a vendor. ASK FOR IT, and you may find it or find the person that has it.

Date: Saturday April 25, 2009. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The doors will be opened at 8:30 a.m. at which point I will start the coffee.

Place: Badenoch Community Centre, less than 10 minutes away from 401 and Hwy #6 South.

Directions: From Highway #401, take Highway #6 South (Highway #6 South may also be called Brock Road). Just South of the Highway #401 is the very nice town of Morriston, with several antique stores. Turn left (East) on Wellington Road #36. Wellington Road #36 crosses Highway #401 to the north side of the Highway #401. As you enter Badenoch, (there's only a house or two, and they are not really on the corner - you'll see a sign in front of a field on the right hand side with BADENOCH on it) turn right and the Badenoch Community Centre (school) is on the left.

Food: Bring your own picnic lunch. Donuts, drinks, coffee, & hotdogs will be available at nominal cost.

Vendors: There is no charge for Ontario Chapter members vending or selling parts. $5 donation requested for vending if not a member of the Ontario chapter to help defray costs. (includes table). Free general admission to everyone.

Info is also on the Ontario SDC sebsite: www.ontariosdc.ca

Info: Call Paul Revell at 905-584-6445. See your there!

Comment

Make sure you guys post some pics after it is said and done!

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
          May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
          http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander
          Zone Coordinator
          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Mark--

What makes you think any of us would do that?

S.

Comment

Mark , my 1st chioce was to head north to go look at some other stuff ( you know )...but it ain't going to happen for a couple more weeks I guess , will keep you posted when I'm going .

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Mark , my 1st chioce was to head north to go look at some other stuff ( you know )...but it ain't going to happen for a couple more weeks I guess , will keep you posted when I'm going .
                10-4 Bob - I'm in no rush. The truck repair did not go as well as I had hoped, so there will be more money spent there and less for other things! [xx(]

That said, I will still be interested in pics and video when you get there. [][8D] As someone else regularly points out - It is an addiction!

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar Deluxe
                Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
                http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander
                Zone Coordinator
                Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Looks like I'll be at the wheel of the Lark on Saturday, unless something totally unforeseen goes awry...got the park pawl replaced today, and the PB cable was already fixed, so Betty will now sit still when asked to! []

(As is my wont, I took pix at the tranny shop...will probably post a couple on here in the next couple days. Got comments once again on how quietly the little six runs. Also got an enthusiastic thumbs-up from a gent in one of those interesting-looking "dustbuster-nosed" Trans Sport vans while driving through town to the tranny place.)

Have emailed myself a list of what to look for at Badenoch so I don't forget...

S.

Comment

Almost everything is available from someone in the Ontario Chapter.

However, many of us like to go down to the States anyway for the excitement, rust free parts, and to BS with our US friends!

Paul

Comment

Paul--

Yep, and I'll be doing that too--for the first time--in less than two weeks, at the ZM in SB. Can't wait!

S.

Comment

Working...
                      X