Keystone Chapter Spring Banquet--Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone Chapter Spring Banquet--Candy

KRC held its annual Spring Banquet at Allenberry Resort & Dinner Theater in Boiling Springs, PA today. I was playing host, procuring and distributing tickets for "Forever Plaid" so didn't get pictures of most of the vehicles but here's a few, including one for Studedave.
    I road shotgun in Ron Strapel's '64 R3

We had three '54's. Two had the same paint.
    Alan Mende's Commander Hardtop

And Douglas Geouge's Commander Sedan

Jim & Irene Shoul with their unrestored '46 Champion Coupe

Pete Hawryluk's wagon

Ronda & Wilbur White with their Champion

After the play, the buffet. It's impossible to name everything available, from prime rib and Cajun catfish to their famous grilled sticky ice cream. No one's ever gone home hungry from a Studebaker event. Tables were clean before the feast.

Next time, Ron can ride shotgun in my '53.

HAPPY SPRING, EVERYBODY!!!!!

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Cathy and I had a great time even though we had seen the play, Forever Plaid, before. John and Margaret Reichard are new members of the Keystone Region Chapter. They rode with us since their '62 Lark is still in need of some work that had to be postponed when their mechanic was called to Pittsburgh on family matters. We and the Reichards attend the same church, and I had been working on John to join the chapter for a couple of years. He said he wouldn't know anybody there. Well, as it turned out, the four of us sat at a table with Al and Mary Hall, and coincidentally they found out that John, Al, and Mary had all grown up in Milton, PA and had gone to the same high school, though a few years apart. This morning after church I said to John something like, "And you didn't want to join because you thought you wouldn't know anyone." He and I are already planning on attending the next local meet in July.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.
    Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of nice cars. I love that '46 Champ! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
      X