Friday Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Eye Candy

Well, I'd much rather have it than the firebird.
    Still runs on pump gas, so I'm not sure all that intake is necesssary. And I gotta wonder if the hood will go all the way up before that scoop creases the windshield.

Comment

If thats candy ...I've had too much sugar !

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
      "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
      1964 Daytona HT
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I like it. It wouldnt be my first choice but I certainly wouldnt turn my nose up at it.Steve
        sigpic

Comment

I like it. More info here:

Rob in ND
          '53 Commander Hardtop Resto-Mod (work in progress)
          Rob in ND
          \'53 Commander resto-mod (work in process)

Comment

I like it even better with the hole in the hood instead of the scoop...

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Do want!

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

There's nothing wrong with it that I couldn't fix.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

This car belongs to Steve Mohr of Georgia. This picture shows the car with the 454 big block. He has raced it at Maxton several times. He chose that car because he wanted something whose shape would allow 200 mph, but still have room for his family. A look inside shows a passenger seat as well as a back seat all equipped with seat belts. His three daughter along with his wife and himself often take the Stude out for cruises and car shows.

The car will not be raced this year because it is under reconstruction with a big Hemi and a few other things to go for the 200mph goal. From what I hear it will run on E85 and still be street legal.

I doubt Steve will change the exterior. That is just part of its personality. I personally love it.

Steve is a great guy. I really enjoy talking with him when we are at Maxton.

A sad and unfortunate post script for this is that like so many others a lot of Studebaker guys he has run into give him the cold shoulder. I have assured him that not all of us are like that and he has since come into contact with some Studebaker folks that have been more positive about what his has done with a car that might have other wise been in a scrap pile somewhere.

Thanks for posting this as your Friday Eye Candy!!!

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Joe, Glad to hear about Steve finding some Stude owners who are more accepting to what he's done. Some Stude owners are too closed minded. I LOVE the car. I remember when it hit the Magazine. I too, love it more with the "scoop" off the car. Next time you see Steve, let me know that we would love for him to show it off in detail here on the forum.

sals54
                    sals54

Comment

well tell him that THIS Stude guy thinks it looks just fine, only thing I might do to it is scuff it up and squirt it black and maybe put something over the carbs so I could drive it in the rain.

nate

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      --
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

At first when I saw it I thought...umm...is this the before picture? BUt then when I realized that it was MEANT to look this way, I loved it! I like when guys have the guts to keep things looking rough. It has a very "mad max" feel to it. Thanks for posting! Tell Steve that his car is cool. I like the part about "he wanted something whose shape would allow 200 mph, but still have room for his family" That Loewy studio must have known what they were doing...

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Now that the salt is off the roads, she is getting back into regular rotation!

Comment

Joe

Add me to the list of folks that would like to see more of the Stude.

You're friend might be interested to know the number folks on the forum that own modified Studes. Might make it easier to know a lot of us appreciate his sweet ride.

MORE PIX, MORE PIX did I say MORE PIX.[][]

Bob

Comment

I've seen that car a few times, at car shows. I think it has Gwinnett county Georgia plates. It has been a few years though, its like the car has disappeared.

Alex Nelsen ,the youngest Studebaker nut in the world!
                            1954 Champion Coupe
                            Lizella, GA
                            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                            Lizella, GA

Comment

This was taken while going down the highway in my Dad's brand x trans am, We were going to one of the legs of the Hot Rod Power Tour in Perry 2006 I think. Beautiful car!

Alex Nelsen ,the youngest Studebaker nut in the world!
                              1954 Champion Coupe
                              Lizella, GA
                              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                              Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X