Leaving the forum for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the forum for a while

Am going to have a break to avoid my saying something I shouldn't. I just felt incredibly angry at Bob Peterson's post re destroying one of the few remaining 1966 Cruisers to make some money which will soon be spent on something leaving no car or cash. Not a criticism of him in person just the principle of destroying a 1966 car of which not many were made.

Am so tired of these posts "buy it or I'll crush it" etc, just do it and don't brag about it.

Cheers to all
    Later.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3188334...58071811/show/
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

What to do in this situation? It is just like the 66 Wagonaire I sold.I posted it For Sale on here and elsewhere when I owned it and no one stepped up.The local guy here wanted it so he could put a 440 Chrysler in it,so he bought it. He said he was not ruining a "real" Studebaker because it was made in Canada and came with a Chevy motor.(??!!??) One persons logic is another persons confusion! Now it is back For Sale so I hope someone else will restore it.
    No one is stepping up to buy Bob's ,or so it appears. Because of Bob's situation,it has to go.If he lets it get hauled away by the Municipality,it will be scrapped. If Bob parts it out,at least other Studebakers will be saved and put back on the road,which is a better result than having it become soup cans after reycycling.
    Please do not bail out of the forum because you are frustrated with the situation. I am not happy with the World Situation but I am not ready to hermit up in the woods like Kazinski. A lot of situations in this life are beyond or reach and all we can do is observe from afar,shake our heads and wonder WTH! and then do what we can within our reach to see it dosen't happen again.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

What to do in this situation? It is just like the 66 Wagonaire I sold.I posted it For Sale on here and elsewhere when I owned it and no one stepped up.The local guy here wanted it so he could put a 440 Chrysler in it,so he bought it. He said he was not ruining a "real" Studebaker because it was made in Canada and came with a Chevy motor.(??!!??) One persons logic is another persons confusion! Now it is back For Sale so I hope someone else will restore it.
      No one is stepping up to buy Bob's ,or so it appears. Because of Bob's situation,it has to go.If he lets it get hauled away by the Municipality,it will be scrapped. If Bob parts it out,at least other Studebakers will be saved and put back on the road,which is a better result than having it become soup cans after reycycling.
      Please do not bail out of the forum because you are frustrated with the situation. I am not happy with the World Situation but I am not ready to hermit up in the woods like Kazinski. A lot of situations in this life are beyond or reach and all we can do is observe from afar,shake our heads and wonder WTH! and then do what we can within our reach to see it dosen't happen again.
      Well spoken, Rich. Bob Peterson is apparently really up against it from legal and municipality standpoints. Some of us have been there; others have not. It can sure be a mess when it happens, so I'd want to give him some slack as he "does what a man's gotta do" in a tough situation.

(Did Kazinksi have some Studebakers, Rich, or relatives from South Bend?) [}][8D] BP

Edited to spell Bob Peterson's name korrektly!
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Theodore Kazinski? I don't think there are any relatives around here.At least none that have admitted it!

Comment

Maybe if he had a Stude or two to get running he wouldn't have had time to be a uni-bomber, Rich. Then again, that hasn't stopped others from losing it around here.

Comment

LOL,think the Studes are causing that??!!??!!

Comment

John, did you offer to buy it? Did someone else offer to buy it? It has no drivetrain or interior. Step up or ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Oh, I want to become a hermit and live in the middle of nowhere[]
                But my bomb wiring skills are questionable...
                (I'd never get past the first one[B)])
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                Well spoken, Rich. Bob Patterson is apparently really up against it from legal and municipality standpoints. Some of us have been there; others have not. It can sure be a mess when it happens, so I'd want to give him some slack as he "does what a man's gotta do" in a tough situation.
                (Did Kazinksi have some Studebakers, Rich, or relatives from South Bend?) [}][8D] BP

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

<snip>
                Please do not bail out of the forum because you are frustrated with the situation. I am not happy with the World Situation but I am not ready to hermit up in the woods like Kazinski.
                <snip>
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I don't see a example of "making money", just the opposite. He offered the car to someone that would save it for less then the parts money he could make. The problem was no one was willing to end up with a restored 15K Cruiser just to save one example. I've had to part out dozen Avanti's, that no one was willing to restore, so I understand not being able to save a 4 door.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Oh, I want to become a hermit and live in the middle of nowhere[]
                    But my bomb wiring skills are questionable...
                    (I'd never get past the first one[B)])
                    Jeff[8D]

Jeff: Do you have an air bag (Supplemental Restraint System) in your yellow CE? That thick, bright yellow wiring "harness" looks like the type employed with OEM AirBag equipment! (Or is that what you meant by bomb-making skills?) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

thanks Jeff, we needed that!

Tim K.
                      '64 R2 GT Hawk
                      Tim K.
                      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

Am going to have a break to avoid my saying something I shouldn't. I just felt incredibly angry at Bob Peterson's post re destroying one of the few remaining 1966 Cruisers to make some money which will soon be spent on something leaving no car or cash. Not a criticism of him in person just the principle of destroying a 1966 car of which not many were made.

Am so tired of these posts "buy it or I'll crush it" etc, just do it and don't brag about it.

Cheers to all
                        Later.

John Clements
                        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/3188334...58071811/show/
                        Sorry you feel that way but I know as fact Bob has tried to sell that car a few times.I have personally seen it advertised on several occassions in several venues and I am on the opposite coast from him.It saddens me to see any classic car crushed but I have done it myself for any number of reasons and if he has to go that route you cant say he didnt try other avenues first.You should be thankful he offered it up here first instead of just selling it off a few months ago when scrap metal prices soared.I watched much more valuable and more savable cars go to the crusher around here and even took a few heavyweights myself because they were worth a good deal more as scrap metal than as cars.Its all part of life I suppose.Steve
                        sigpic

Comment

The 'air bag' on the Yellow POS is right back of the loose nut behind the wheel.
                          (He won't shut up, either[:0])
                          Truth be known, that wiring pic is the 'before' pic....
                          Here's an 'after' pic....
                          (the detonator wire is the one in there that is holding all the smoke[B)])
                          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                          Jeff: Do you have an air bag (Supplemental Restraint System) in your yellow CE? That thick, bright yellow wiring "harness" looks like the type employed with OEM AirBag equipment! (Or is that what you meant by bomb-making skills?) BP
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

John, it's your life, and nobody is about to tell you how to live it. Bob Peterson is a fine gentleman, and a real asset to Studebaker lovers everywhere. I'm sure he takes no pleasure in scrapping this car, but necessities are necessities. One only has so much space available.

And like it or not, but it's simply a fact that there isn't much market for a '66 Cruiser, or Cruisers of any year, for that matter. They are very nice cars, but they are also Larks through and through, and the only Larks that fetch really big money are the convertibles and the R-engine cars. On most any 4-door, you are guaranteed to spend more money on a restoration than it will ever fetch on a future sale.

If Bob's Cruiser were a complete car, chances are it would have long since been sold. But with the interior gone, most of what distinguishes a Cruiser from a regular four-done is gone, too. And making a new Cruiser interior from scratch would cost big dollars, because they did have very nice interiors.

If I lived close to Bob, I'd buy the darn thing myself as a parts car for the '64 Cruiser I have with a stuck engine, but there's no way I'll go that far for a Cruiser parts car.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I see these posts where someone advertises a car at a reasonable price as a plea for help. We all hate to see a good old car get scrapped, but it is not possible to save them all. This type of post is not the same as the ones where someone says "buy this car at my price or else".
                              Most people pressed by the government to remove an old car would not even save the good parts. It would all be lost.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                              "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                              sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                              Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X