Braggin' about my '55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braggin' about my '55

You guys need to see a clean 'survivor'. Except for the wheels it is 'bone stock'. She runs strong, shifts great, and stops as she should when you hit the brakes. Even the floor covering is original (if it was originally carpet, it has long since lost its nap).

http://rides.webshots.com/album/549098418LKOJdY

Absolutely beautiful ride.......the wheels "fit" the car perfectly. Thanks for sharing the photos. tempestan

Comment

Wow what a nice ride. Thank you for sharing we have a 1955 President State 4 door.

Mabel 1949 Champion
      1957 Silverhawk
      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      1955 President State
      1957 Golden Hawk
      Fresno,Ca
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Thanks for the photos. You have a beautiful Studebaker.
        One to be proud of and to "BRAGG" on

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Very nice '55 Pres. State Coupe, yes on the very best model you do get carpeting!

It is amazing looking at that 2 year older Stude. with a 4 year older design, behind a '57 Chev. the Stude. makes it look like a TANK! [:0]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nice car. What wheels? size and tire size? jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

WOW. Very nice.

Rob in ND
              '53 Commander Hardtop Resto-Mod (work in progress)
              Rob in ND
              \'53 Commander resto-mod (work in process)

Comment

Very nice example of automotive perfection. It's cars like that, which makes you proud you own a Studebaker, from truly one of the best American car companies. Keep driving and who knows one day we'll see each driving our Studebaker's.

1951 Commander Land cruiser

Comment

VERY easy on the eyes![]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Green is not my color, but I would be proud to own that sweet Studebaker!

Chris Pile
                    Midway Chapter SDC
                    The Studebaker Special
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tempestan

Absolutely beautiful ride.......the wheels "fit" the car perfectly. Thanks for sharing the photos. tempestan
                      Wheels are American Torque ThrustII's, 15"x6" mounted with
                      195-75x15" tires. I think Americans look good on just about any car you put them on.

Comment

I keep thinking about a modern front end with tubular A-arms, big ball joints, rack 'n pinion, disks all around, A/C, and a Chevy 200r4 trans. The A/C would require a switch to 12 volts which would now allow me to install throttle body injection. Imagine, a Studebaker 259 with fuel injection, automatic overdrive, discs, and air! Could it get any better?

Comment

55s are one of my favourite Studebakers - hence my other name, 55s.

My first car, a yellow Hamilton-built Champion coupe, was acquired when I was 14, and driven for many years. I still have it.

I bought my second 1955 in 1982, a Hamilton-built Commander coupe, originally for the rust free fenders. It proved to be too nice to scrap, and it was in the same colours as yours. A picture of it is in the members' Studebakers, against a beautiful blue sky. I just fired it up and drove it last weekend, after a long, long winter.

I also still have my mom's Speedster, #2 of the 14 original show cars. It was memories of my mom driving this car at 130 mph that got me hooked on 55s.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X