This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my question; Why WOULDN'T you want a Studebaker? [8D]

I guess I blame my grandad, his first car was a '48 Champ rag top, and he's has Studes ever since. I was born into it, I had no choice.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Here's my question; Why WOULDN'T you want a Studebaker? [8D]

I guess I blame my grandad, his first car was a '48 Champ rag top, and he's has Studes ever since. I was born into it, I had no choice.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

I have liked Studebakers since 1953 and I currently have a 48 Champion that I plan to keep till I am no longer able!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I have liked Studebakers since 1953 and I currently have a 48 Champion that I plan to keep till I am no longer able!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

As a little boy, I remember watchin Mr. Ed when it was new. I always thought the cars on it were some of the best looking on the road. I had no idea that they were Studebakers. My father, a HR executive for Ford never bothered to tell me the make that Wilbur drove. My life was a sea of Galaxy 500s and Falcons, no on in my neighborhood drove a Stude.

I wasnt looking for a Stude when I fell over my Cruiser, it just found me.Now that I own one, I love the attention that I get at car shows. I do agree that Stude people are wonderful. I cannot wait till I can afford to come to some of the meets.

Comment

As a little boy, I remember watchin Mr. Ed when it was new. I always thought the cars on it were some of the best looking on the road. I had no idea that they were Studebakers. My father, a HR executive for Ford never bothered to tell me the make that Wilbur drove. My life was a sea of Galaxy 500s and Falcons, no on in my neighborhood drove a Stude.

I wasnt looking for a Stude when I fell over my Cruiser, it just found me.Now that I own one, I love the attention that I get at car shows. I do agree that Stude people are wonderful. I cannot wait till I can afford to come to some of the meets.

Comment

I was talking about this with my Dad the other day (He got me into the SDC) neither of us, or any of our relatives for that matter, have actually owned Studes, but both of us have always wanted one. I've always been a "car nut" but never had the budget to actually get something really nice, so it's cool that Studes are in the price-range that I may actually have one before I'm too old to enjoy it, unlike a Ferrari or something... That and they're rare enough to be special (you don't see them every day) but they're not so rare as to be unavailable. Also, you just can't beat the Stude community for being such nice people!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

I was talking about this with my Dad the other day (He got me into the SDC) neither of us, or any of our relatives for that matter, have actually owned Studes, but both of us have always wanted one. I've always been a "car nut" but never had the budget to actually get something really nice, so it's cool that Studes are in the price-range that I may actually have one before I'm too old to enjoy it, unlike a Ferrari or something... That and they're rare enough to be special (you don't see them every day) but they're not so rare as to be unavailable. Also, you just can't beat the Stude community for being such nice people!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                  Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

I (before I retired) was in Chevrolet parts therefore I have had a wide variety of Chevrolets.I have had Nomads,El Caminos,and have always liked "something a little different" from everyone else.I loved taking them to cruise-ins and shows but usually there was always someone with one a little nicer as You can buy almost anything in the way of parts for them(all it takes is money)I had a black 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk back in the early 60's and remembered that I had really liked it So after I retired from the Chevy parts business I decided that I would look for another Hawk.A black 1961 4-speed being "the ultimate"......Well I found it and now really enjoy taking it to shows and watching people walk right by the "high dollar" restored Chevys to see my Hawk !

1961 Hawk 4-speed,4bc,TT

Comment

I (before I retired) was in Chevrolet parts therefore I have had a wide variety of Chevrolets.I have had Nomads,El Caminos,and have always liked "something a little different" from everyone else.I loved taking them to cruise-ins and shows but usually there was always someone with one a little nicer as You can buy almost anything in the way of parts for them(all it takes is money)I had a black 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk back in the early 60's and remembered that I had really liked it So after I retired from the Chevy parts business I decided that I would look for another Hawk.A black 1961 4-speed being "the ultimate"......Well I found it and now really enjoy taking it to shows and watching people walk right by the "high dollar" restored Chevys to see my Hawk !

1961 Hawk 4-speed,4bc,TT

Comment

The reason I like Studebakers is tied to an experience I had when I was a child. My dad worked with a guy that had antique cars. One of them was a two tone blue 1955 President Hardtop. I was amazed by it's sleek style. It made all the other 50's cars seem tall and boxy. Then when I was about 10 we started going to the Newport Indiana antique auto hill climb. There were always Studebakers there and even the sad looking ole rusty ones would run the hill time and time again and never did they blow up. Many of the old Buicks and Chevy's would throw a rod or pop a valve but the ole Stude's would take the abuse time and time again! Since then the quality of the cars running at Newport have improved dramatically. Many of the once sad looking cars have been restored to like new condition and still some loose their guts due to poor engineering. The fastest cars in each class still tend to be Studebakers, which many still have their original factory built engines. How could one not like the best-built car from the little guys at South Bend!

Restore it, don't replace it.Keep the Studebaker reproduction industry going

Comment

The reason I like Studebakers is tied to an experience I had when I was a child. My dad worked with a guy that had antique cars. One of them was a two tone blue 1955 President Hardtop. I was amazed by it's sleek style. It made all the other 50's cars seem tall and boxy. Then when I was about 10 we started going to the Newport Indiana antique auto hill climb. There were always Studebakers there and even the sad looking ole rusty ones would run the hill time and time again and never did they blow up. Many of the old Buicks and Chevy's would throw a rod or pop a valve but the ole Stude's would take the abuse time and time again! Since then the quality of the cars running at Newport have improved dramatically. Many of the once sad looking cars have been restored to like new condition and still some loose their guts due to poor engineering. The fastest cars in each class still tend to be Studebakers, which many still have their original factory built engines. How could one not like the best-built car from the little guys at South Bend!

Restore it, don't replace it.Keep the Studebaker reproduction industry going

Comment

What Daan said - except that my dad was NEVER a "car guy" and neither was I until the early 70s. Late bloomer, I guess![:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What Daan said - except that my dad was NEVER a "car guy" and neither was I until the early 70s. Late bloomer, I guess![:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I was just a little kid when I got hooked on Studebakers. Gering, Nebraska was the Ford-GM and occasional Chrysler capitol of the planet, it seems, in the late 1960s but one neighbor had a 1953 Loewy coupe that was salmon in color and not running. He let us kids play in it. From that day forward...I was probably 8 or 9 at the time...I loved Studebakers. My folks couldn't understand it. "Just like Ramblers but maybe not as ugly" was their crushing comment. From that time until now I have loved Studebakers. I truly like most cars but my heart belongs to the product from South Bend.

Studedude1961
                                --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X