This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 lark wheels (revised)

My friend just purchased a 60 lark wagon off ebay .We need to know the bolt pattern of the lark wheels and what other (ford chevy dodge etc.)models will fit. Thx guys I know you will come to the rescue.Hope to get answer soon so we can gather up some good tires n go get it.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

All Studebaker car wheels from '51 to '66 were 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern. This is the same as some (most?) Ford, Chrysler, and Rambler wheels. The Lark wheels were rather narrow (4 1/2" wide I believe) but slightly wider wheels should work.

Also, the Studebaker wheels used lug nuts that had a smaller "shoulder" than most makes. If you use non Studebaker wheels, try to get the lug nuts that go with them and hope the thread size and pitch matches (1/2 x 20 I think). If you're just using them to get the car on a trailer, this isn't that important.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

All Studebaker car wheels from '51 to '66 were 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern. This is the same as some (most?) Ford, Chrysler, and Rambler wheels. The Lark wheels were rather narrow (4 1/2" wide I believe) but slightly wider wheels should work.

Also, the Studebaker wheels used lug nuts that had a smaller "shoulder" than most makes. If you use non Studebaker wheels, try to get the lug nuts that go with them and hope the thread size and pitch matches (1/2 x 20 I think). If you're just using them to get the car on a trailer, this isn't that important.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks Dick.I knew Icould depend on you guys.Oh, by the way Dick ,he was prompted to buy the lark wagon after I showed him your wagon that you just cleaned up.His wife was adamant about him not starting another project until he finished reworking her kitchen.But when she saw the pictures of your lark she told him to go ahead and that the lark was going to be her driver.Would you call this a win/win , or win /lost to wife situation? Thanks again Dick .

Comment

Thanks Dick.I knew Icould depend on you guys.Oh, by the way Dick ,he was prompted to buy the lark wagon after I showed him your wagon that you just cleaned up.His wife was adamant about him not starting another project until he finished reworking her kitchen.But when she saw the pictures of your lark she told him to go ahead and that the lark was going to be her driver.Would you call this a win/win , or win /lost to wife situation? Thanks again Dick .

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak
            Would you call this a win/win , or win /lost to wife situation?
            It might be MY loss if she ever finds out where I live [xx(]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak
              Would you call this a win/win , or win /lost to wife situation?
              It might be MY loss if she ever finds out where I live [xx(]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I just more info on the 60 lark wagon.It was the one that had the 55 pickup beside it that was talked about on the forum in another topic.My friend Bobby also bid on the pick up. It was sold locally.Turns out the cars were part of a stude collector that died a few years ago and a friend was selling them for the widow.The man selling them is also a stude guy and was very helpful in the transaction according to Bobby.He told Bob the motor would prob run but the auto trans had a cracked housing but he had some extras in his collection he would part with. Hes actully going to air up the tires n furnish more wheels n tires if those dont hold air .Thx again to Dick for all his help,also Bob said he might take the motor out n put in his 59 scotman pick up.and I could buy the body n 6 cyl from him cheap so maybe I will have me a wagon soon. Be nice to take it to South Bend .But that will entail a lot of burning the midnight oil for this old body.

Comment

I just more info on the 60 lark wagon.It was the one that had the 55 pickup beside it that was talked about on the forum in another topic.My friend Bobby also bid on the pick up. It was sold locally.Turns out the cars were part of a stude collector that died a few years ago and a friend was selling them for the widow.The man selling them is also a stude guy and was very helpful in the transaction according to Bobby.He told Bob the motor would prob run but the auto trans had a cracked housing but he had some extras in his collection he would part with. Hes actully going to air up the tires n furnish more wheels n tires if those dont hold air .Thx again to Dick for all his help,also Bob said he might take the motor out n put in his 59 scotman pick up.and I could buy the body n 6 cyl from him cheap so maybe I will have me a wagon soon. Be nice to take it to South Bend .But that will entail a lot of burning the midnight oil for this old body.

Comment

David, I have a 259 V8 for that car that's yours for the taking if you'll come to Texas and get it

steve blake
                    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
                    http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
                    steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

David, I have a 259 V8 for that car that's yours for the taking if you'll come to Texas and get it

steve blake
                      http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
                      steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

Wow !!!!!! Thanks Steve . I will let you know .I just might take you up on that .

Comment

Wow !!!!!! Thanks Steve . I will let you know .I just might take you up on that .

Comment

Well I guess i lost out on the 60 wagon.I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping Monday and found my self a few miles from my buddy Bob's house.I thought I'd drop by and see if he got home with the wagon.I pulled up to his shop just as he was unloading it off the trailer.I was t-totally blown away by it.
                            Bob had just pressure washed it .All the glass was perfect,only rust was surface rust where it had been sanded.The interior is shot but dash and all the glass and knobs n switches were there.In the back was a roof rack and all the chrome trim ,door handles. and various other items.The body was solid no rust thru any where but had some bondo in bottom of rear quarter.I ask Bob was he going to sell me the body and he said no his wife is going to use it as a grocery getter and haul the grandkids around in parades and such.He also purchased another 259 engine and an auto tranny from the guy for 100 bux for his scotsman pickup.It didn't look as good as Dicks but for 242 dollars i think it was a steal.The seller said the motor would probably run with a good battery n clean the points etc,It also has factory power steering. Some guys have all the luck.But glad for Bob and the lark because he will restore it to its former glory and another stude saved.I wish for all my SDC members a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW STUDE YEAR.May GOD bless each and every one.

Comment

Well I guess i lost out on the 60 wagon.I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping Monday and found my self a few miles from my buddy Bob's house.I thought I'd drop by and see if he got home with the wagon.I pulled up to his shop just as he was unloading it off the trailer.I was t-totally blown away by it.
                              Bob had just pressure washed it .All the glass was perfect,only rust was surface rust where it had been sanded.The interior is shot but dash and all the glass and knobs n switches were there.In the back was a roof rack and all the chrome trim ,door handles. and various other items.The body was solid no rust thru any where but had some bondo in bottom of rear quarter.I ask Bob was he going to sell me the body and he said no his wife is going to use it as a grocery getter and haul the grandkids around in parades and such.He also purchased another 259 engine and an auto tranny from the guy for 100 bux for his scotsman pickup.It didn't look as good as Dicks but for 242 dollars i think it was a steal.The seller said the motor would probably run with a good battery n clean the points etc,It also has factory power steering. Some guys have all the luck.But glad for Bob and the lark because he will restore it to its former glory and another stude saved.I wish for all my SDC members a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW STUDE YEAR.May GOD bless each and every one.

Comment

Working...
                              X