• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48(ish) Stude Wagon Creation on Ebay

Resale Red
    http://tinyurl.com/cpqoqd

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

One vote in the "I like it" column.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

One vote in the "I like it" column.
      Make it 2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I also think it looks fantastic! I just can't imagine buying something like this without touching, feeling, and most of all...DRIVING it first. I would want to know how it handles on a curvy road, how well it stops, and last but not least, how well does the engine maintain normal temperature on a 90+ degree day? I have seen lots of good looking customs end up trailer queens because they were just not road worthy. That said ... It still looks great!

John Clary
        Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
        SDC member since 1975
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Not bad, the roof reminds you of a Dodge Magnum.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

This looks like a keeper. I didn't see any pix of the back with the door closed. If that looks as good as the rest, I say it's a winner.

JohnP, driving & reviving
            an early Lark
            sigpic
            JohnP, driving & reviving
            60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Don't ya'll think it needs fender skirts? Really!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

That sucker is almost quite ugleeeeeeeeeeee! I'm sorry but I ain't lion. Seems like a lot of effort and nice work but still near uglyness although quite different. Definetly not Lowey, Bourke, or Exner. Sure is a keeper though.. Like in the garage. I don't think I or South Bend would have done it that way. Maybe some 24 inch wheels or spinning plastic hubcaps would apply. If you are the owner please do not be offended by my comments. Some like it and I don't. Then again. I like 4 dr. Larks jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

An A for execution. A D for concept.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

jimmijim, I'm with you on this one, buddy. And Mr Biggs. Ditto on that count as well. Sorry, ya'll, its just not my cup 'o tea. Perhaps the rear section of 54 Conestoga would have looked more natural.

sals54
                    sals54

Comment

Like it or not, it's a nice piece of workmanship. 350 and A/C, it might be a nice ride. And you'll never see another.

Comment

It looks like the Studebaker prototype.

Leonard Shepherd
                        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

After you look at the profile for a while, you realize it would make a great looking Ute.

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

After you look at the profile for a while, you realize it would make a great looking Ute.

Actually, it DOES look like a Ute...with a camper shell. [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here's a case where someone has gone to a great deal of effort to do real quality work but has fallen short of the design and artistry to make me go gaga. Had the rear hatch a slightly greater angle, to match or excentuate the rake of the side glass, and the roofline a taper to complement the rear fenders, it could be too sweet.
                              This one is not at all bad but, I'm sure Bob Bourke used a lot of pencil and paper before he cut sheetmetal.
                              That said...I doubt anyone wouldn't want to add this to the stable.
                              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
                              X