X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be interesred in those pieces, let me know what pieces you have

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Or better yet, sell them to me or Gary or somebody that can get the repops made, THEN sell it to John!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I wouldn't buy anything that was as fragile as the original. Mine is all destroyed from the usual leaks. If I was going to make the investment, my choice would go to durability first, acceptance by the judges second. What would the deduction be for the wrong headliner? Two points?

Tim K.
        '64 R2 GT Hawk
        Tim K.
        \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Thats what I was wondering? Does anybody know what the deduction would be if I were to go with a good fiberglass repo?

John

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

Thats what I was wondering? Does anybody know what the deduction would be if I were to go with a good fiberglass repo?

Don't obsess about the points. The difference between a 385 point car and a 395 could cost you 1000's of dollars. i.e. $600 for 5 correct tires, $250 for the correct battery and the like. You can lose a dozen points and still comfortably win a first. Of course it might cost a extra 10K to go from a near perfect driver to a plastic trophy winner.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

good enough I'm used to the truck thing this car thing is a whole different ballgame. Going from restoring a Stude Truck to of all things a Daytona Wagon what a big step. I will keep on the lady from Phantom then to do the fiberglass headliner. She said it would be close to exact with the quilted look and silver dots.

If anybody else is interested call them so we can push this through. It's fresh on her mind right now if she starts getting calls it might work out.

John

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Here they are.

Bill Foy
                Kingston, Ontario
                1964 Wagonaire Slider
                Bill Foy
                1000 Islands, Ontario
                1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Send me an email, if your interested in selling them.

John

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Not that it really helps, BUT... there were a couple of years that Rambler Americans used the exact same stuff as the Wagonaires. Now, if it came to convincing Phantom that they could sell some of that stuff, I could put them in touch with at least one Rambler vendor that would proabably love to get ahold of some.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey 289 Stude,if you buy them,would you be willing to lay them out on some paper to make a template? I would like to have proper dimentions to try making something that would work.
                      Heck,for plain smooth white headliner,could a sheet of the plastic the "bathroom re fitters" glue to the walls on cheap renovations be used? It would be waterproof!

Comment

I had the opportunity of holding an NOS headliner in my hands once. By design, a good part of what held them up, was the curve that was imparted to them by being rolled up. Whether that curve was impressed upon the pieces at the time of manufacture or by merely being rolled up in a tube, it played a big part in the installation.
                        The '66 Wagonaire I was doing some time back, I was using the mahogany door skin stuff from Lowes and covering it with a material. It wasn't even CLOSE to original in appearance, but I wasn't striving for such - just something to look nice and functional. BTW, I never did (to my satisfaction anyway) master the compound curves of the forward-most section.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Biggs,you are depressing me! LOL BTW, I do not need the drivers door post out of that Lark parts car but Thanks for the offer.I found a 61Cruiser here in a junk yard that had a nice post and I sawzalled it out. The post will be on its way to Tennessee shortly.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

Here they are.
                            Bill, if John doesn't take 'em I can use 'em! You can drop them off at my business when you go by this Summer

JB, that's a good idea about a number of us calling Phantom... if someone's willing to make one that looks original, only better, they need all our encouragement I'll call this week.

Maybe they'll want that encouragement to come in the form of pre-paid orders... if that's what it takes, I'll be in!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I'll try and get a better picture of the headliner tomorrow. The car is under a carport and it's getting ready to storm, so there's no chance of a daylight pic today.

Matthew Burnette
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thaks Matthew, that would be great.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I had the opportunity of holding an NOS headliner in my hands once. By design, a good part of what held them up, was the curve that was imparted to them by being rolled up.
                                I guess that's another point in favor of a fiberglas repro. Probably would never have to worry about sagging again.

Of course, a fiberglas headliner brings up three problems I can think of right off: One is, how many pieces does it have to be to be shippable; another is, how many pieces does it have to be to be installable; and finally, you need a reliable, authentic-looking method to join the pieces. And that's after you figure out how to recreate the pattern and the dots... a challenging project for sure... but if these are figured out, it's a great solution![^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                                X