This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hard life

I do not think I have ever seen a worse looking steering wheel in a Stude car than the one in this '54 Land Cruiser. It must have suffered during it's life.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Gary, is that a car that is going to be restored?

steve blake
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
    http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
    steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

steve blake
      http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
      steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz

Steve,

Not by me! However, it is for sale on e-bay.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1954-...60206106QQrdZ1

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz

Steve,

Not by me! However, it is for sale on e-bay.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1954-...60206106QQrdZ1

Gary

Comment

I've seen worse restored! And maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's a heck of alot more '54 Cs and Ks around than 54 Land Cruisers! (OR 53s for that matter.) Not that I don't understand the WHY of that, but it makes this car a bit more interesting by virtue of it's relative rarity.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've seen worse restored! And maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's a heck of alot more '54 Cs and Ks around than 54 Land Cruisers! (OR 53s for that matter.) Not that I don't understand the WHY of that, but it makes this car a bit more interesting by virtue of it's relative rarity.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That's just about what the steering wheel on my Hawk looked like following the white knuckled death grip I had on it when I rolled the car. If memory serves me right, the EMT's had to use a porta-power to pry my hands loose. However, it wasn't strong enough to pry my puckered rearend off the seat, so they took me and the front seat to the ER on a flat bed truck. There they had to use the toxion from a poison dart frog to paralyze my butt muscles enough to remove the seat. The docs told me later they're removed lots of bosses and supervisors boots from people's rear ends but never a Studebaker seat.

Comment

That's just about what the steering wheel on my Hawk looked like following the white knuckled death grip I had on it when I rolled the car. If memory serves me right, the EMT's had to use a porta-power to pry my hands loose. However, it wasn't strong enough to pry my puckered rearend off the seat, so they took me and the front seat to the ER on a flat bed truck. There they had to use the toxion from a poison dart frog to paralyze my butt muscles enough to remove the seat. The docs told me later they're removed lots of bosses and supervisors boots from people's rear ends but never a Studebaker seat.

Comment

Wow, I had to check where the auction was. There's a '54 LC like that in a local 'yard in northern MN. The interior looks about the same, including the wheel. Same colors in/out. Its sittin' up to the axles in the swamp tho. Thought maybe it was the same car for a sec.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop
                    sigpic
                    Jeff in ND

Comment

Wow, I had to check where the auction was. There's a '54 LC like that in a local 'yard in northern MN. The interior looks about the same, including the wheel. Same colors in/out. Its sittin' up to the axles in the swamp tho. Thought maybe it was the same car for a sec.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop
                      sigpic
                      Jeff in ND

Comment

Well, my son and I brought home a '62 GT from Florida a couple of years ago and the steering wheel would have given the one in the post a run for its money. But I have got to admit that is a bad one.
                        Joe Roberts
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Well, my son and I brought home a '62 GT from Florida a couple of years ago and the steering wheel would have given the one in the post a run for its money. But I have got to admit that is a bad one.
                          Joe Roberts
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                          X