Stude Panel Delivery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Panel Delivery?

Does anybody know if Studebaker actually made these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

I believe the panels to cover the windows was an option but, I defer to others more knowledgable.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 Commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I believe the panels to cover the windows was an option but, I defer to others more knowledgable.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      33 Rockne 10
      51 Commander Starlight
      53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Personally, I've never seen one.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Personally, I've never seen one.
          Rog

Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I think I read in a TW articel some years ago that they were an option.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I think I read in a TW articel some years ago that they were an option.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The panels were an option. They are listed in the parts book with the quarter glass. They came in a kit or individual service parts. I would think you'd be able to make a pattern from a good piece of glass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The panels were an option. They are listed in the parts book with the quarter glass. They came in a kit or individual service parts. I would think you'd be able to make a pattern from a good piece of glass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Dick: See Page 10, June 1996 Turning Wheels. [:I] BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Dick: See Page 10, June 1996 Turning Wheels. [:I] BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

So Bob, for those of us that don't have page 10 from the June '96 TW, what are the cliff notes?

Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

So Bob, for those of us that don't have page 10 from the June '96 TW, what are the cliff notes?

Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Let's see, there is a cute '59 2 door wagon in Seamist Green on the cover and page 10 reveals the same photo that Dick posted with the following text: "A 1959 Lark Panel Wagon. The panel wagon was 'created' by simply attaching special panels over the rear side windows of station wagons. The panels were part of a $27 Panel Wagon kit."

This is part of an extensive article by Fred Fox. In looking for this issue I realized that I do not have the July 1996 edition. [:0]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Let's see, there is a cute '59 2 door wagon in Seamist Green on the cover and page 10 reveals the same photo that Dick posted with the following text: "A 1959 Lark Panel Wagon. The panel wagon was 'created' by simply attaching special panels over the rear side windows of station wagons. The panels were part of a $27 Panel Wagon kit."

This is part of an extensive article by Fred Fox. In looking for this issue I realized that I do not have the July 1996 edition. [:0]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X