No announcement yet.

Stude Panel Delivery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary; do you see this making any significant difference? Since most of these few cars were done as "kits" pretty much anything would be fine, as rare as they are! [^]

We all know that the '54 to '59's are all the same, so '58 to '59 would be no big deal!

'60 and '61 2dr. Wagons do have a slightly different cargo area window, so it would not fit those.

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I believe that the kit that you have is for a 1958 and not for a Lark. The 1958s replaced the glass with metal panels. The Larks used Masonite panels over the glass.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Gary; do you see this making any significant difference? Since most of these few cars were done as "kits" pretty much anything would be fine, as rare as they are! [^]

We all know that the '54 to '59's are all the same, so '58 to '59 would be no big deal!

'60 and '61 2dr. Wagons do have a slightly different cargo area window, so it would not fit those.

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I believe that the kit that you have is for a 1958 and not for a Lark. The 1958s replaced the glass with metal panels. The Larks used Masonite panels over the glass.
      StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

My kit is a few miles from my house in a rented garage, so I'm going by memory (and I'm over 50 - yipes) but the part number on the kit is for "61. It will obviously fit "60 as well (and the handful of special order "62 2dr. wagons). The tag (written by SASCO ?) says something to the effect that it may fit other years.

STEWDI "153624" Hill

55 Champion
        47 M-5
        Izzer Buggy
        Junior Wagon
        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

My kit is a few miles from my house in a rented garage, so I'm going by memory (and I'm over 50 - yipes) but the part number on the kit is for "61. It will obviously fit "60 as well (and the handful of special order "62 2dr. wagons). The tag (written by SASCO ?) says something to the effect that it may fit other years.

STEWDI "153624" Hill

55 Champion
          47 M-5
          Izzer Buggy
          Junior Wagon
          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment