This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison between a 63 Daytona and 64 commander

I've had both on the property here. My current wagon is a '63 Daytona. I used to have two '64 Commanders. One was Canadian, the other was South Bend. The Canadian was manual.

My question is this, the Daytona seems to ride better, the doors close more firmly, and seems to be much better fit and finish. It rides better on our local roads. Is this because of the Daytona badge? I.E. better quality due to better model, or difference between production years, or I'm just imagining it?

One last thing. Both of the '64s had swiss cheese floors in the front. Both of the '63s have excellent floors. Is this just coincidence[?][?][?]

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

I'd say it's a matter of perception rather than model difference. The wagon should have heavier duty springs in the rear so you'd THINK it's ride might be a bit more harsh. Alot has to be3 said for what sorta treatment these cars had BEFORE they came to you.[}]

Floors - just coincidence. Same floorpans - same metal - same stamping plant.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'd say it's a matter of perception rather than model difference. The wagon should have heavier duty springs in the rear so you'd THINK it's ride might be a bit more harsh. Alot has to be3 said for what sorta treatment these cars had BEFORE they came to you.[}]

Floors - just coincidence. Same floorpans - same metal - same stamping plant.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, well, that's what I thought. Thanks Mr. Biggs. Looks like at least the first owner of the twins took care of them. The owners after that beat the hell out of them. The '64s seem to have had a hard life from the beginning.

Lotsa Larks!
        Ron Smith
        Ron Smith

Comment

Yeah, well, that's what I thought. Thanks Mr. Biggs. Looks like at least the first owner of the twins took care of them. The owners after that beat the hell out of them. The '64s seem to have had a hard life from the beginning.

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
          X