Antique Studebaker Lark Indoor Neon Sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Studebaker Lark Indoor Neon Sign

Original 'Studebaker Lark' Neon Sign - direct from the actual former Studebaker new car dealers. We bought this new from Studebaker Corp. in 1960 - it hung in our new dealership showroom, and we have owned it ever since. Traditional rose and light blue neon - size 30 1/2" wide, by 16 1/2" tall. Says 'Made in Detroit' on back. Brand new neon power supply on back of flat skeleton neon framework - indoor use. Works perfectly. ANTIQUE - RARE - ONE OF A KIND - DIRECT FROM THE STUDEBAKER DEALERSHIP. PERFECT FOR FINE PERSONAL COLLECTION OR MUSEUM. Just $2800. Email: info@BartonNeonMagic.com . Middletown, Ohio.
    Original \'Studebaker Lark\' neon showroom window sign. Direct from former Studebaker Packard New Car Dealers - Barton Sales & Service, Middletown, Ohio USA. Original colors - rose and light blue neon. Says \'Made in Detroit\' on back. We bought this new from Studebaker in 1960 - it hung in our new dealership showroom, and we have owned it ever since. Size 30 1/2\" wide, by 16 1/2\" tall. Brand new neon power supply on back for many years of enjoyment. Works perfectly. $2500. DIRECT FROM FORMER STUDEBAKER DEALERSHIP - VALUABLE FOR STUDEBAKER COLLECTION OR MUSEUM. Barton Sales & Service. Email: info@BartonNeonMagic.com

Here is the sign.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I'd love to have one! Too rich for my blood, though- even if I had that much extra money to spend on it[|)] I'll have to settle for just a picture of it[|)]

Besides, I don't want to get in a bidding war with you, Leonard- with your collection you NEED this!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Besides, I don't want to get in a bidding war with you, Leonard- with your collection you NEED this!
        Don't worry, I'm broke. I can't even pay my Studebaker insurance.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Boy, that's a really nice sign. I wonder if the Studebaker Nat'l Museum would be interested. Too rich for my blood.
          Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I have this sign. Only thing is when I got it the Lark portion was smashed so we just cut that part off. I have it in my toy room with just the Studebaker. Nice sign.
            Denny L

Comment

Wow! If a Lark sign is worth that much... wonder how much my signs are worth (signature line).

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Does anyone know who can repair these signs? I have an "Automatic Overdrive" and "Commander V8" sign that have bad wiring connections.

1957 Packard Clipper
                1957 President Broadmoor
                1963 Daytona Convertible
                1963 R2 Daytona
                1963 R2 GT Hawk
                1963 R1 Wagonaire
                1963 R4 Avanti
                1964 Champ
                1966 Cruiser

Comment

If you talk to John Barton at Barton Neon Magic Middletown, Ohio he makes these like his original and any kind you want. I talked to him just the other day, he may be able to fix yours.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Most big cities have a company that makes and repairs neon signs. I found a local place in DC that fixed my Studebaker Trucks neon sign. Given how fragile these signs are, avoid shipping them if possible.

Skip Lackie
                    Washington DC
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

I talked with John Barton, Jr. early this month about this sign.
                      Two weeks ago he wanted $3300. I told him that I believed that was more than most any Studebaker person would pay for it. If it was a rare Chevrolet sign, it would probably sell for that much.
                      I offered to post it here and he declined the offer. I see that he has now posted it here. I also suggested eBay to get a good feel for the value.
                      His family had a Studebaker dealership beginning in 1946. They now sell new neon signs.
                      As has been proven here, this "Lark" sign is far from "RARE - ONE OF A KIND".

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Studemichael--Are there short pieces of wire sticking out of the glass? If so, it's nothing to rewire. If the stubs are very short you might use a soldering gun very quickly. I can't see that sign for $2800 since it can be duplicated today for less; if you really want one..

Comment

Working...
                        X