Lark Rear Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Rear Shocks

Does anyone know of an application of coil over rear shpcks to fit a 60 Lark ??

There no longer is a direct fit that I know of. One solution is get new springs and you will not need them. Also you can add an extra second leaf to them for heavier loads.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

You could do these universal ones that mount on your current shocks...

http://tinyurl.com/dcpxd7

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I don't have my parts book here, were there S-P part numbers for those, or were they just aftermarket? My '60 Lark came with those (I still have them in a box) and I'm sure they had been on there since 1970. Rich is right, new HD springs will work the best.

Comment

I do not believe there were any coil overs, normally they were just a stop gap, quick fix for collapsed springs, like an overload helper spring, for cars being loaded beyond their rated capacity.

The Studebaker H.D. Option was the Gabriel H.D. 3 way Adjustable Shocks, they had those listed forever, I did not know they were available way before they became popular on the Jet Thrust and Avantis.

But, they were on a Export to Africa, '58 Provincial Wagon build slip I bought from the SNM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X