X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign of the times?...

This '54 Starliner...

http://tinyurl.com/dfk679

...was on eBay last week. bid to $2150 and didn't meet reserve. It is back with no reserve.

Described as rust free except for the lower rear of the front fenders. Appears to be complete and not cut up or modified in any way.

This solid builder should be worth $4-5k. I can't remember the last 53-54 Starliner builder that even came up for sale in this condition.

Is it the economy?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

This '54 Starliner...

http://tinyurl.com/dfk679

...was on eBay last week. bid to $2150 and didn't meet reserve. It is back with no reserve.

Described as rust free except for the lower rear of the front fenders. Appears to be complete and not cut up or modified in any way.

This solid builder should be worth $4-5k. I can't remember the last 53-54 Starliner builder that even came up for sale in this condition.

Is it the economy?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

If it did not have the rot down low, and a mangled hood and deck, maybe 4-5K, but the car is pretty dented up and the shipping east hurts it.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Can't say that I would buy it. It's pretty beat up. Right side, trunk lid, hood, left grille. The hood and trunk lid are hard to find. Does California have car titles? Wisconsin won't accept a bill of sale. My 63 Hawk is quite a project but it's an R2.

Claude Chmielewski
      Studeski
      http://www.studeski.com
      Fillmore, Wisconsin
      47 M-16 Truck
      62 GT Hawk
      63 Lark
      64 Commander Wagonaire
      50 Champion Regal (parts car)
      63 GT Hawk R2
      [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/62hawka/dakota01_250.jpg[/img=left]
      sigpic
      Claude Chmielewski
      Studeski
      http://www.studeski.com
      Fillmore, Wisconsin
      47 M-16 Truck
      53 2R5
      60 Lark VIII Convertible
      60 5E7 Champ pickup
      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
      63 Lark
      63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
      64 Commander Wagonaire
      64 Daytona Convertible
      50 Champion Regal (parts car)
      36 Dictator
      36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeski

Does California have car titles?
        Yes they do Claude, only the BEST Vehicle Licensing System in the entire WORLD! Those original titles currently active in the computer, date back to 1963, and they AND the original 1963 issued Yellow on Black plates are still current, if yearly registered since new or re-instated.

Where you can keep the title current in the system, without annually REGISTERING the car, with a permanent Non-Op registration $17.00, for stored, off Roads/Highways motor vehicles only, no trailers.

Also Truck mounted Campers are not registered, like the crooks here, and in Oregon make you do.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The car is beat, everywhere there can be a dent, there is , the wheel wells are real bad, I think thats why.

Comment

I can say one thing about this '54 Commander Starliner though, this car has about every OPTION in the book! It's loaded with all the guards, fender ornaments, hood ornament, had fog lights, backup lights, rear speaker, radio, heater, cigar lighter, Automatic Drive, full tinted glass you name it!

It is a shame to see rare cars like this poorly stored and or treated, like this though.
            When you see a bound-up hinge, you don't FORCE it down, you unbolt the thing!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich
              only the BEST Vehicle Licensing System in the entire WORLD! StudeRich
              And starting next month the cost of this 'great' system will go up- BIG TIME!!!
              I tuned out the news story as my car is way too old to matter... [^]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

This one got my attention. Its only a 6 hour drive for me to get it. I can usually get to LA and back to Sacramento in a day when getting or delivering a car. My thoughts were how presentation could possibly make this car more attractive. I've even got a better hood and truck ready to go.

sals54
                sals54

Comment

Looks like a great car to start with. Add carpet and some Lark Regal shine to those door pannels and the interior would be ok for a driver. I never see 54s in Middle TN.

Richard Burks
                  53s

The 37th Annual Middle TN show and swap meet wil be April 4th 2009 at the Agricultural center in Shelbyville Tennessee. It is located just off of hiway 231 coming from Murfeesboro. The show is open to Studebaker-Packards of all years. It is also a show for Orphan (Nash Rambler Hudson ect) makes. This year the show is free to vendors. Swap meet and show Sat. from 8am to 3pm. Banquet tropies/door prizes at 5:30pm. Swap meet questions. Call Gene at 931 684-5729
                  To preregister send email to Carolyn at allwinn@bellsouth.net
                  My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                  sigpic
                  Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                  in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

If someone is interested in this car I have all of the required sheet metal to restore it and I would be willing to work out a deal with someone.

Domenic Manera
                    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe
                    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
                    City of York Fire Department
                    York, SC 29745
                    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X