X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by rockne10
    as well as a small airline.
    I am going from memory, but I think it was something akin to Trans Continental. Someone with an annual report can check it out.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10
      as well as a small airline.
      I am going from memory, but I think it was something akin to Trans Continental. Someone with an annual report can check it out.

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

The last Annual report that I have is 1966. That is when Studebaker wrote my mother and told her that they would buy her stock back. The stock had originally been purchased by my grandfather, but they kept having reverse splits until she had almost nothing left. She should have held on to it, but she thought the company had no hope for the future. The company that made the device to insert studs was Big 4. The studs were called STUDEGRIP, Great name! I think most states outlawed studs, though. Below is a page from the 66 annual report. It doesn't mention any airline. Maybe that came later.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The last Annual report that I have is 1966. That is when Studebaker wrote my mother and told her that they would buy her stock back. The stock had originally been purchased by my grandfather, but they kept having reverse splits until she had almost nothing left. She should have held on to it, but she thought the company had no hope for the future. The company that made the device to insert studs was Big 4. The studs were called STUDEGRIP, Great name! I think most states outlawed studs, though. Below is a page from the 66 annual report. It doesn't mention any airline. Maybe that came later.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I appologize for sounding young, but I love seeing classic illustrations like those. Thanks for an interesting thread!

Comment

I appologize for sounding young, but I love seeing classic illustrations like those. Thanks for an interesting thread!

Comment

quote: I have a couple of decals fron the BIG4, A divison of Studebaker, Automotive Equipment. I don't know of what all it consisted of but it may of been some place in Mn., because the decals were found in a antique shop here. ????? .
                Klif
                According to the 66 annual report, Big Four Industries, Inc. was located in Maineville, Ohio

Here is a great picture from the 66 annual report.

Comment

quote: I have a couple of decals fron the BIG4, A divison of Studebaker, Automotive Equipment. I don't know of what all it consisted of but it may of been some place in Mn., because the decals were found in a antique shop here. ????? .
                  Klif
                  According to the 66 annual report, Big Four Industries, Inc. was located in Maineville, Ohio

Here is a great picture from the 66 annual report.

Comment

I did a bit of research and discovered that the airline was Trans International Airlines, which was owned by Kirk Kerkorian (who I understand is dumping all his GM stock). It was purchased in 1962 and sold back to him in 1964. As I recall Studebaker used this subsiduiary to shuttle the first few Avanti's around the country during their introduction.

Comment

I did a bit of research and discovered that the airline was Trans International Airlines, which was owned by Kirk Kerkorian (who I understand is dumping all his GM stock). It was purchased in 1962 and sold back to him in 1964. As I recall Studebaker used this subsiduiary to shuttle the first few Avanti's around the country during their introduction.

Comment

quote:Kirk Kerkorian (who I understand is dumping all his GM stock).
                        There was a Studebaker stock certificate with Kirk Kerkorian's name on it on eBay a while back. I think it went for over $100.00. He likes to get into companies that are having trouble.

Here is another great picture from the 66 annual report. It was taken in Paris. I don't know what kind of truck it is.

Comment

quote:Kirk Kerkorian (who I understand is dumping all his GM stock).
                          There was a Studebaker stock certificate with Kirk Kerkorian's name on it on eBay a while back. I think it went for over $100.00. He likes to get into companies that are having trouble.

Here is another great picture from the 66 annual report. It was taken in Paris. I don't know what kind of truck it is.

Comment

How ironic is it that I drive up to the gym I volunteer at in a Stude pickup and use a Clarke floor machine made by Studebaker. Bet there aren't many who can say that.
                            Of course they are both old and a bit on the tired side and the floor machine is just about done but what the heck so am I

Comment

How ironic is it that I drive up to the gym I volunteer at in a Stude pickup and use a Clarke floor machine made by Studebaker. Bet there aren't many who can say that.
                              Of course they are both old and a bit on the tired side and the floor machine is just about done but what the heck so am I

Comment

The truck is a Citroen 'H' model; also known as the 'tube van'. The TW article was by Fred K. Fox that was published in February, 1983. Interestingly enough, my parents had two brand new white 'Studebakers' in their basement in 1962, and a blue 1950 sitting in the driveway. The washer and dryer were made by Franklin Electric for the now defunct T. Eaton's department store chain under the 'Viking' label.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X