Great Video on '56 to '64 Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Video on '56 to '64 Hawks

I just found this really neat YouTube Video that actually correctly explains the entire line of Studebaker Hawks from beginning to end! [^]

It's called: "The Hawk Lineup Produced By Studebaker From 1956 through 1964" by 56sghor. This baby is 9 Min 45 sec. long!

It has lots of accurate data, and the only thing I noticed wrong is that they completely forgot the Tech. info on the '61 Hawk, one of the most significant years, because of the 4 speed Option!

Here is the link:
    <s>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGsNI4kC5YM&feature=related</s>
    Update: Here is the new link that works!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6E0N1Rwlk

I have almost never seen a Printed Story this accurate, let alone a Video! Quite good and amazing!

According to the YouTube "More from 56sghor" list, he has this and many more, including Frank Ambrogio's '56 Hawk Dual 4 Barrel "Jet Streak Road Test" Video, and other Hawk Videos on YouTube!

UPDATE: it appears that Frank did these himself, because it mentions at the end the '56 Golden Hawk Registry and they all have the same corny music going on in the background, no cool mid 1950's Rock and Roll or car songs, just a lot of noise. Oh well, you have to take the good with the bad I guess, it's all GOOD!! [^]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

It says "this video has been removed by the user".

Comment

Yep, it's been removed.

ChopStu
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Well that's interesting, I just saw it yesterday! I wonder if someone illegally copied Frank's stuff and he or YouTube caught them!
        StudeRich

Comment

Maybe he saw this thread, and got upset about you calling his choice of music, "corny".

[)][)][)]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey, I found it! It looks like he edited the info, for now it mentions the 4 speed for 1961. He does, however, mention only a 259 V8 for 1960, doesn't mention the 289. Actually, I think he just repeated the 1959 specs into 1960. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6E0N1Rwlk

Comment

Yep, he's a lurker, or Matt does it for him!!

The new improved site has the missing '61 Hawk data added and different music added! The music is some kind of classic movie sound track or something, quite impressive much longer than the 2 min. Rock-n-Roll 50's music I am used to, but it must be vintage.

I must say, Great Job Frank! [^] This is THE most complete, informative and accurate Hawk Tutorial I have ever seen, it dispels all those urban legends about Hawks that everyone has ever heard. This is perfect for the Stude. newbie that does not know the Hawk details. VERY GOOD JOB! [^]
              StudeRich

Comment

Yes Frank, you've done a very fine job of editing and splicing this video together. The music is nostalgic and cool.

JimsLeadCommander
                JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
                X