OCW - 3/19/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCW - 3/19/09

I, and others, have posted when Old Cars Weekly has included major Studebaker articles. This week (3/19) Old Cars does not have any Studebaker articles, but Studebaker is mentioned in many of the other articles. This is also good because it gives cross coverage. Someone that might not read a Studebaker article gets exposed to Studebaker.
    Some examples from the March 19 Old Cars;
    1) article on 1959 DeSoto Adventurer - "...to Bonneville to watch Studebakers race...",
    2) article on 1965 Rambler - "I'll skip past a shiney GTO with a big-block V-8 in order to check out a plain-jane Studebaker Lark hiding among the hot rods. Speaking of which, I'm thinking a Lark one day would be fun to own. And did you know the family that owned "Mr. Ed" - the horse in the old TV show - drove a Lark?",
    3) "Weathered Wheels" - is an M series pickup,
    4) article on Packard distributorships - "Meanwhile, Packard and other independent car makers ... Studebaker... were scrambling for new dealers.",
    5) article on sedan deliveries - "This was followed by Ford in 1952, Studebaker in 1954...",
    6) article on a Nebraska junkyard - pictures a '49-'53 pickup,
    7) article on a Nebraska show - "..a burgandy and white 1953 Studebaker hardtop shown by Ken and Karen DeJonge...".
    I have found Old Cars Weekly to be more than fair in the amount and type of coverage that they give to Studebaker.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
Working...
X