Waking up in the Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waking up in the Studebaker

I don't get the newspaper, but my sister called me and said that there is an article about Studebakers. I scanned the article, and went to Amazon.com and found it.

The author was raised in Richmond, but I don't know him. I haven't read it either, but I want to.

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...aker&x=11&y=21

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

I was at Borders the other day and I did a search for "Studebaker" on the in store computer under "books", I came across a book written in 1993...I think, titled "The Last Studebaker". The synopsis on the in-store computer says that it is a novel, set in South Bend, right at the time Studebaker closed, and the impacts that it had on a particular family. I would have had to order a used copy, as they did not have it in-house. I did not have the time or the money, but I would like to read it sometime. Has anyone else ever heard of that book?

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Yeah, that book was mentioned in TW when it first came out. I've never read it, but I heard it was more about the characters and not much about the cars or company.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The only car that I spent the entire night in was my 1957 President Classic in about 1961.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

At the St Louis International my wife and camped out using a pup tent. One night it rained so much we were rained out and had to spent the night in the 1950 Champion four door I had driven to the meet. Of course when it stopped raining it was very humid and the bugs came back out. It was a terrible night. Shortly after that experience we bought a larger tent and still have it today.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

I've awakened several times in my old 53 coupe. Some times on my own, Some times with a tapping on my window by the local gendarmes. Ah! the good old days...

Comment

I've awakened several times in my old 53 coupe. Some times on my own, Some times with a tapping on my window by the local gendarmes. Ah! the good old days...

Comment

It sounds like an American Graffiti rerun, sans Suzanne Somers.

========================
                63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
                Martinez, CA

Comment

Working...
                X