Carl J. Lange, Rest In Peace 3/4/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl J. Lange, Rest In Peace 3/4/09

Long time SDC member Carl J. Lange of Uniondale, New York tragically lost his life today as a result of a freak accident while working on his 1937 Coupe Express.

Arrangements for Carl J. Lange

Viewing

Hempstead Funeral Home

89 Peninsula Blvd

Hempstead, NY 11550

516-481-7460

Saturday March 7, 2009 and Sunday March 8, 2009

2p to 5 pm and 7 to 9 pm each day

Funeral Monday March 9, 2009 11am

Church of St. Martha

546 Greengrove Ave

Uniondale, NY 11553

In lieu of flowers, donations to the following would be appreciated

Brooklyn Tech Alumni Foundation, Inc.

29 Fort Greene Place

Brooklyn, NY 11217

718-797-2285

All who knew Carl suffer this tragic loss, our hearts go out to the extended Lange family.

I didn't know Carl, but thank you for posting this new thread. My prayers and warmest thoughts to his family at this time. It sounds like he was another true Studebaker enthusiast and it's extremely sad that he passed away so tragically.

Comment

Barnlark,

Thanks for the thoughts. Carl was a personal friend and will be dearly missed. I find it interesting that you are the sole person to reply to this thread, yet the other thread with the sensationalist headline had many postings....sign of the times..........:-(

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I didn't know Carl, but thank you for posting this new thread. My prayers and warmest thoughts to his family at this time. It sounds like he was another true Studebaker enthusiast and it's extremely sad that he passed away so tragically.

Comment

Pure tragedy. Doesn't really matter what he did or didn't do. The fact is he left friends and loved ones behind. His friends and family will be in my prayers

66 Commander R1 Clone
        51 Commander 4dr
        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Truly sad for a Stude guy to go like that. My prayers go out to his family and friends.
          I know it may be wrong to say it here, but if I had to go , what better way than working on something I really enjoyed.

Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1958 Commander "Christine"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

Sad to hear of someone going like that. My condolonces to the family. See you in Stude Heaven buddy. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Horrible to hear of a fellow member to go. This is the first time that I have been online since yesterday afternoon, or I would have posted eariler. My condolances to the friends and family.

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Condolences to you and to Carl's family.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Many thanks. His spirit will be at York this year for sure :-)

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Condolences to you and to Carl's family.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

Comment

Sorry to hear of this, of course. Like most, I had probably met Carl at York but did not remember who he was upon seeing the news on the forum.

(Laemmle: One thing that would have generated more response would be to have put Carl's name in the thread's title. Rest in Peace is such a generic phrase that it would be more personal with a colon after the words and, then, the person's name. Too, if a search of Carl's name was ever initiated for any reason, it would pop up more readily if the name was in the thread's title.[^])

To wit: Rest in Peace: Carl J. Lange

BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Comment

.My condolences to his friends and family .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I am sorry to hear of this accident and the loss of your friend.

Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO
                          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma

Sorry to hear of this, of course. Like most, I had probably met Carl at York but did not remember who he was upon seeing the news on the forum.

(Laemmle: One thing that would have generated more response would be to have put Carl's name in the thread's title. Rest in Peace is such a generic phrase that it would be more personal with a colon after the words and, then, the person's name. Too, if a search of Carl's name was ever initiated for any reason, it would pop up more readily if the name was in the thread's title.[^])

Laemmie, BP makes an important point here. Only you can go back and edit the title to include Carl's name for future referencing. Please do so, as there may be many friends of his who will perhaps visit here and it would be easier for all to find.
                            Was Carl at the Lancaster Meet in September? It would be nice to see a picture of him, maybe even with a vehicle as a tribute. I may have even met him there. As some SDC & forum members will attest, I tend to go out of my way to talk to people I haven't yet met (drives my daughters nuts) and ask questions about their Studes or parts. Acquaintances today may be your friends tomorrow.

Comment

Yes Carl and wife Fran were at the Lancaster meet.

I have a picture of him at the dinner table at Damons Restaurant in York, along with the David Thibeaults a fellow named Henry and his wife Cookie who vend tools and Snap-On equip.

Will try to find picture and post same.

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Originally posted by BobPalma

Laemmie, BP makes an important point here. Only you can go back and edit the title to include Carl's name for future referencing. Please do so, as there may be many friends of his who will perhaps visit here and it would be easier for all to find.
                              Was Carl at the Lancaster Meet in September? It would be nice to see a picture of him, maybe even with a vehicle as a tribute. I may have even met him there. As some SDC & forum members will attest, I tend to go out of my way to talk to people I haven't yet met (drives my daughters nuts) and ask questions about their Studes or parts. Acquaintances today may be your friends tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X