X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Two of my Studebakers have names attached to them. My '63 Diesel is known as Big Bertha, and my '66 Commander that is painted the factory Plum color is called 'Moby Grape'. Other than those two, the rest just never got named.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Two of my Studebakers have names attached to them. My '63 Diesel is known as Big Bertha, and my '66 Commander that is painted the factory Plum color is called 'Moby Grape'. Other than those two, the rest just never got named.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Daan
    replied
    I haven't named my car(s) but my wife has a few colorful names for them that maybe shouldn't bew printed here...[B)]

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/DansStudes/

Leave a comment:

• Daan
    replied
    I haven't named my car(s) but my wife has a few colorful names for them that maybe shouldn't bew printed here...[B)]

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/DansStudes/

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    After what I've done, and what I've spent on the restoration of my 53 Coupe, and with the work closer to finished than begun, and since I don't have a wife, the Coupe is now "She, who must be obeyed".

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    After what I've done, and what I've spent on the restoration of my 53 Coupe, and with the work closer to finished than begun, and since I don't have a wife, the Coupe is now "She, who must be obeyed".

Leave a comment:

• Kurt
    replied
    I Call my 51 Commander "Gramps" after my late grandfather. I call my 66 Commander Old Red.

Leave a comment:

• Kurt
    replied
    I Call my 51 Commander "Gramps" after my late grandfather. I call my 66 Commander Old Red.

Leave a comment:

• rons50
    replied
    I have a 56 year old mistress that takes most of my money (with my wife's knowledge and a lot of my time. Her name is Ms. Tootie Baker.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• rons50
    replied
    I have a 56 year old mistress that takes most of my money (with my wife's knowledge and a lot of my time. Her name is Ms. Tootie Baker.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• studegib
    replied
    Gee, let's see, now; my oldest son Dennis, in 1970. named his first car, a '59 Lark, "Sherman"[B)] after the tank. He has continued to name every Lark he has owned, 10 or 15 of them. He has also named my green Lark "Kermit"[^] and his sister's pink Lark "Miss Piggy[:I] Then there is the Saint, previously owned by a priest, and Black Beauty (self explanatory).[8] My daughter has even named her '07 Expedition "Xena" because it looks like one tough Ford.

Gib

Leave a comment:

• studegib
    replied
    Gee, let's see, now; my oldest son Dennis, in 1970. named his first car, a '59 Lark, "Sherman"[B)] after the tank. He has continued to name every Lark he has owned, 10 or 15 of them. He has also named my green Lark "Kermit"[^] and his sister's pink Lark "Miss Piggy[:I] Then there is the Saint, previously owned by a priest, and Black Beauty (self explanatory).[8] My daughter has even named her '07 Expedition "Xena" because it looks like one tough Ford.

Gib

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I never understood or cared for naming cars. Even when I had ten cars at a time, I could keep them straight when referring to them, without pet names. I have owned more than 50 Studebakers and more than 100 cars and the only one that picked up a name somehow was my 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special (the white whale).

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I never understood or cared for naming cars. Even when I had ten cars at a time, I could keep them straight when referring to them, without pet names. I have owned more than 50 Studebakers and more than 100 cars and the only one that picked up a name somehow was my 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special (the white whale).

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 60Lark

My wife likes to name my cars. She named the 60 Lark - Sweat-Sue
    I like that... my Lark should be some version of it for all the sweat I've put in, and all the sweat it's got coming...

Somehow my 4 door 60 Lark 6 cyl. seems to have become named "Mabel"... it doeas seem to somehow fit...[^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X