• Show
Clear All

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied

I like that one....
    Hmmm.. The wife's car tag is coming due soon[}]
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bob40

I wanted the vanity plate PITAPOS for my CE but the state shot me down.

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    My Mum had a '56 Chevy wagon she named Bessie. My wife and I had a '72 Cadillac Fleetwood that we named The Queen Mary. She was always referred to as 'The Queen.' We always joked that two Hondas were necessary to park it. Kind of like tug boats. Actually, Hondas kinda look like tug boats...

Then there's Sweetie, a '62 Lark 4dr, whom I sent east to Kent in Michigan, and Poor old Frumpy the unwanted '52 (for whom I've yet to find a home), last (but not least) Pick-A-Truck the '62 Champ.

Lest we forget The Blue Witch, a '64 Wagonaire, who went to George in So. Oregon. Also La Poubelle, another '64 Wagonaire who also went to George.

I almost forgot my namesake, Grandmum's '62 Regal wagon, Studeclunker. Robin's egg blue with a dark blue interior. She was my favourite of all.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    My Mum had a '56 Chevy wagon she named Bessie. My wife and I had a '72 Cadillac Fleetwood that we named The Queen Mary. She was always referred to as 'The Queen.' We always joked that two Hondas were necessary to park it. Kind of like tug boats. Actually, Hondas kinda look like tug boats...

Then there's Sweetie, a '62 Lark 4dr, whom I sent east to Kent in Michigan, and Poor old Frumpy the unwanted '52 (for whom I've yet to find a home), last (but not least) Pick-A-Truck the '62 Champ.

Lest we forget The Blue Witch, a '64 Wagonaire, who went to George in So. Oregon. Also La Poubelle, another '64 Wagonaire who also went to George.

I almost forgot my namesake, Grandmum's '62 Regal wagon, Studeclunker. Robin's egg blue with a dark blue interior. She was my favourite of all.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
    Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
    LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
    Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
    LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I have too many now to name and and too short a memory to recall them anyway. Of course I could be like George Foreman and name them all "George". When I bought my first one (a '49 2R5) I called it Clem. The second (a '46 M15A) I named it Hank. I soon had more vehicles than there were Studebaker brothers so I gave up.

The only exception is my '62 Champ which is named "Ole Yeller".

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I have too many now to name and and too short a memory to recall them anyway. Of course I could be like George Foreman and name them all "George". When I bought my first one (a '49 2R5) I called it Clem. The second (a '46 M15A) I named it Hank. I soon had more vehicles than there were Studebaker brothers so I gave up.

The only exception is my '62 Champ which is named "Ole Yeller".

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Some of our cars have names.

The Silver Hawk is 'The Shadow'.(Solid black paint) The name came from the old radio show.

The '63 GT Hawk is 'Sweet Magnolia'. It's Ermine White and one of my grandma's cars.

The '51 coupe is 'Old Bullet'. (Kinda self explanitory. )

The Sky Hawk is 'Ferrous Oxide'. (it has rust issues. [xx(])

The '56 Power Hawk ('54 Commander coupe clone) is 'The Coupester'. My 6 year old cousin named and claimed it. [8D]

The '56 Champ two door is 'Charlotte', but we just call it 'The '56'.

My Scotsman is known as 'The Great Pumpkin', 'Orange Crate', and several other 'orange' related names.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Some of our cars have names.

The Silver Hawk is 'The Shadow'.(Solid black paint) The name came from the old radio show.

The '63 GT Hawk is 'Sweet Magnolia'. It's Ermine White and one of my grandma's cars.

The '51 coupe is 'Old Bullet'. (Kinda self explanitory. )

The Sky Hawk is 'Ferrous Oxide'. (it has rust issues. [xx(])

The '56 Power Hawk ('54 Commander coupe clone) is 'The Coupester'. My 6 year old cousin named and claimed it. [8D]

The '56 Champ two door is 'Charlotte', but we just call it 'The '56'.

My Scotsman is known as 'The Great Pumpkin', 'Orange Crate', and several other 'orange' related names.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    Some suggestions for my Avanti:
    Sherwood...after the man who had it built.
    Raymond...after it's designer (or at least head designer)
    Exxon Valdez...for its oil leak

Or maybe The Rat Pack...because driving it listening to the "real oldies" station (the only music I can pick up on AM)...takes me back to that era that I was far too young to experience personally (though I feel like getting a suit with a narrow tie to dress the part when I drive it).

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    Some suggestions for my Avanti:
    Sherwood...after the man who had it built.
    Raymond...after it's designer (or at least head designer)
    Exxon Valdez...for its oil leak

Or maybe The Rat Pack...because driving it listening to the "real oldies" station (the only music I can pick up on AM)...takes me back to that era that I was far too young to experience personally (though I feel like getting a suit with a narrow tie to dress the part when I drive it).

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    My '61 Hawk is named "Carrie's Curse".
    Gave it that name way back in high school as it took all my time away from my girlfriend.
    We've been going together and married for almost 35 years. Nothing's changed
    Oh, the yellow truck has a name too.
    It's called the "Yellow POS"...
    Yep... Nuthin's changed, fer sure[:0]
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by S_Ferrell

I am having a issue here with my cruise buddies in Cleveland. They make fun of me and think it is unmanly to name a car. They all agree that Stuart is a fine car, but naming him Stuart is a little precious. Its just that Stuart feels like he has a personality, where my Geo feels like an appliance, and no one names a toaster.
    Stuart is down for his nap now. I wish I could drive him everyday, but Cleveland Ohio is salt center USA>

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    My '61 Hawk is named "Carrie's Curse".
    Gave it that name way back in high school as it took all my time away from my girlfriend.
    We've been going together and married for almost 35 years. Nothing's changed
    Oh, the yellow truck has a name too.
    It's called the "Yellow POS"...
    Yep... Nuthin's changed, fer sure[:0]
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by S_Ferrell

I am having a issue here with my cruise buddies in Cleveland. They make fun of me and think it is unmanly to name a car. They all agree that Stuart is a fine car, but naming him Stuart is a little precious. Its just that Stuart feels like he has a personality, where my Geo feels like an appliance, and no one names a toaster.
    Stuart is down for his nap now. I wish I could drive him everyday, but Cleveland Ohio is salt center USA>

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X