Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote: I DO like Ike for the '57 President. It would be GREAT if I could get a vanity plate that said that or ILKEIKE (I like Ike - for those of you too young to remember
    The only car I ever named was the first one I had that someone gave me when I was 13 years old. It was a 40 Plymouth that I named Elouise. I even wrote it on the door. I just call all my Studebakers "Baby" as in "come on Baby, I know you can get me home".

I don't have a "I Like Ike" bumper sticker but I do have one from the 1964 election on my 64 Daytona. I use it as a quiz to see who can guess which canidate it is representing. Mr. Biggs can probably get it. I don't think I will post it here. I will make a new thread.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

We've named the Lark "Barney" from the name on its dealer license plate frames

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard
      http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

We've named the Lark "Barney" from the name on its dealer license plate frames

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard
        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I had a 1960 Lark 6 two door named "Larky Lark" and my current Cruiser is "Cruiserdooze" but the brand Xs go unnamed. Dillo you might want to name that Scion xB "Algore."

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

I had a 1960 Lark 6 two door named "Larky Lark" and my current Cruiser is "Cruiserdooze" but the brand Xs go unnamed. Dillo you might want to name that Scion xB "Algore."

Studedude1961
            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

I wouldn't say it's unmanly to name your Stude~ all of mine have/had names!!! Most were named by friends, or already had names when I got them...

One of my first cars was "Angel" a '58 Scotman wagon that was far from being one! My girlfriend at the time named her that because she was blue, and I had just joined the NAVY. I've often thought that Angel was jelious of the girl who named her- Once while picking up said girlfriend from the AmTrak station something under the dash shorted out on the OD cable, smoking her out while I tried to stop it! I fixed the trouble, and drove home hoping we'd get there!!! I later gave this car up as 'partial' trade for Sweet Pea. The next day she was sold off again~ I don't know where she is now, but fear the worst...

StudeDave [8D]
              V/P San Diego County SDC
              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
              '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
              '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
              '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I wouldn't say it's unmanly to name your Stude~ all of mine have/had names!!! Most were named by friends, or already had names when I got them...

One of my first cars was "Angel" a '58 Scotman wagon that was far from being one! My girlfriend at the time named her that because she was blue, and I had just joined the NAVY. I've often thought that Angel was jelious of the girl who named her- Once while picking up said girlfriend from the AmTrak station something under the dash shorted out on the OD cable, smoking her out while I tried to stop it! I fixed the trouble, and drove home hoping we'd get there!!! I later gave this car up as 'partial' trade for Sweet Pea. The next day she was sold off again~ I don't know where she is now, but fear the worst...

StudeDave [8D]
                V/P San Diego County SDC
                San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

www.bulletshots.net
                  www.bulletshots.net/blog
                  www.alabamastudes.com

Comment

www.bulletshots.net
                    www.bulletshots.net/blog
                    www.alabamastudes.com

Comment

There's an old tune - Stella by Starlight, Eric. I doubt it's a tune you'd be known to hum, but it's not a bad song. Maybe you should get a copy of it to have playing when you've got Stella on display somewhere.

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There's an old tune - Stella by Starlight, Eric. I doubt it's a tune you'd be known to hum, but it's not a bad song. Maybe you should get a copy of it to have playing when you've got Stella on display somewhere.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That reminds me, when I bought my 62 GT Hawk in 1965, the song "Hang on Sloopy" was popular and I named it Sloopy.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

That reminds me, when I bought my 62 GT Hawk in 1965, the song "Hang on Sloopy" was popular and I named it Sloopy.

Comment

When I bought my '64 HT for the second time (I'm the 5th and 9th owner) Dustybob dubbed it "Rerun". It stuck. My '64 Cruiser was "Rainman" because it was "an excellent driver" (you had to see the movie). BTW, Dustbob's GT Hawk is "Thumper" which relates back to a clutch problem years ago.

Jim Bradley
                              '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
                              Jim Bradley
                              Lake Monticello, VA
                              '78 Avanti II
                              sigpic

Comment

When I bought my '64 HT for the second time (I'm the 5th and 9th owner) Dustybob dubbed it "Rerun". It stuck. My '64 Cruiser was "Rainman" because it was "an excellent driver" (you had to see the movie). BTW, Dustbob's GT Hawk is "Thumper" which relates back to a clutch problem years ago.

Jim Bradley
                                '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
                                Jim Bradley
                                Lake Monticello, VA
                                '78 Avanti II
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X