X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple questions 50 Champion

Hiya

this car has a spotlight and foglights... each has a little namecrest on top.... with a S.... I'm guessing these are avalable for every brand of car?

on the rear valance, there is a strip of what looks like leather? riveted to the bottom of the valance.... is this piece actually needed? it is in poor condition. What is the reason for it being there?

Bob

'50 Champion Starlight
    '71 Swiss 404 Unimog

Studebaker offered both fog lights and spot lights in 1950. Not sure what leather strip you are speaking of.

Studebaker On The Net
    http://stude.com
    Studebaker News Group
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker
    Arnold Md.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2/4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT(parts car)
    60 Lark convert
    60 Hawk
    56 Power Hawk/4 speed/289
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Studebaker offered both fog lights and spot lights in 1950. Not sure what leather strip you are speaking of.

Studebaker On The Net
      http://stude.com
      Studebaker News Group
      http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker
      Arnold Md.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      63 GT Hawk
      63 Avanti R1/AC
      63 Avanti R2/4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      62 GT(parts car)
      60 Lark convert
      60 Hawk
      56 Power Hawk/4 speed/289
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bob

Hiya

this car has a spotlight and foglights... each has a little namecrest on top.... with a S.... I'm guessing these are avalable for every brand of car?

on the rear valance, there is a strip of what looks like leather? riveted to the bottom of the valance.... is this piece actually needed? it is in poor condition. What is the reason for it being there?

Bob

'50 Champion Starlight
        '71 Swiss 404 Unimog
        Perhaps the leather strip was an anti-static strip, some cars have them to discharge any build-up of static electricity.

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bob

Hiya

Bob

'50 Champion Starlight
          '71 Swiss 404 Unimog
          Perhaps the leather strip was an anti-static strip, some cars have them to discharge any build-up of static electricity.

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

The strip is/was made of the same sort of rubber that's attached to the bottom of the front, inner fenders. It was simply a splash guard and nothing critical to the operation of the car. It would've kept mud, dirt and such from being caught by the lower edge of the rear bumper and directed up onto the valence or higher.
            If the fit of the rear bumper and valence are right, you're not even aware this rubber strip is there.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The strip is/was made of the same sort of rubber that's attached to the bottom of the front, inner fenders. It was simply a splash guard and nothing critical to the operation of the car. It would've kept mud, dirt and such from being caught by the lower edge of the rear bumper and directed up onto the valence or higher.
              If the fit of the rear bumper and valence are right, you're not even aware this rubber strip is there.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X