This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by kmul221

I drilled & repinned the hinges in my "K" body to a minimal larger size.The mild steel the pivot pins go through tend to get oval shaped due to lack of lubrication over the years & causes them to collapse prematurly & "thunk" when closing the trunk lid .I cut draw pins to length ,drilled & cotter pinned to keep from backing out.If you are neat & try to keep your repair from being obvious,the hinges will work as they should & nobody will notice,Of course new or good used would be better but they are getting hard to find.Remember to keep all pivot points lubricated even on your Brand X as this is the common cause of failure
    Where did you get the stock for the pins and what is it?

John Ratliff

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kmul221

I drilled & repinned the hinges in my "K" body to a minimal larger size.The mild steel the pivot pins go through tend to get oval shaped due to lack of lubrication over the years & causes them to collapse prematurly & "thunk" when closing the trunk lid .I cut draw pins to length ,drilled & cotter pinned to keep from backing out.If you are neat & try to keep your repair from being obvious,the hinges will work as they should & nobody will notice,Of course new or good used would be better but they are getting hard to find.Remember to keep all pivot points lubricated even on your Brand X as this is the common cause of failure
      Where did you get the stock for the pins and what is it?

John Ratliff

Comment

Working...
      X