LOVE this look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE this look!

Condition aside, I love the red with all that trim! Do real Speedsters usually have all that chrome? The butterknife with that roof band look fantastic over red[]

http://tinyurl.com/ch5s8e

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

quoteo real Speedsters usually have all that chrome?
    And then some.
    As stated, it's a clone. Just a '55 President.
    It's missing the standard Speedster wire wheels, fog lights, rear view mirrors and probably a bit of other stuff. And, there were no solid red Speedsters.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

He makes no secret it's a clone; but I LOVE that combo! Of course, I'm a chrome junkie anyway

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I'll bet I could wedge my 392 in it.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        Work on your Studebaker you will live longer.

Comment

quote:And, there were no solid red Speedsters.
          Wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I agree with you. I noticed the red and chrome right away when I looked at eBay. That could make a real eye catcher even if it's not a real Speedster.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I've always liked the Stainless Band over the top, Looks real classy.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
              X