This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transtar haulin'

I found a couple of old floppy disks this mornin'. Here's a couple shots of some Studes I brought home a couple years ago. The 57 President sedanette is still with me. The 62 wagon' now in Steve Blake's care. He's named it Bob.[}]
    The President, I've named Ike. Ike WAS in office in '57.

[img] http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/.../5/57Pres3.jpg [/img]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

I like Ike

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I like Ike

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Isn't it great to see a Transtar at work!!! Resuing he bretheren no less![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
        http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Isn't it great to see a Transtar at work!!! Resuing he bretheren no less![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
          http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Yeah and Pete Looks so good.

Mabel 1949 Champion
            1957 Silverhawk
            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            Fresno,Cahttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/nw3anne/Mabel.jpg?t=1165475035
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Yeah and Pete Looks so good.

Mabel 1949 Champion
              1957 Silverhawk
              1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              Fresno,Cahttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/nw3anne/Mabel.jpg?t=1165475035
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Pete's been kinda off again - on again as far as his O/D function goes. Let's just say his O/D suffered from ED (Engagement disfuntion) of late[V]. And when it did engage, there was no kickdown function.
                Mix that with the fact that the clutch has wanted adjustment for the past month and you finally get ol' Biggs slidin' beneath Pete to see what could be done.[:I]
                AHA! wires hanging loose on the solenoid! That would do it![8] The power wire was loose - the wire that shorts out the ingnition was just hanging there, next to the solenoid! It's terminal screw was long gone.[xx(]
                I scavenged another screw from a solenoid and fixed the wires - turned the bolts on the clevis rod that actuates the clutch and went zooming off to deliver a stack of pizzas to the high school where the wife teaches.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Pete's been kinda off again - on again as far as his O/D function goes. Let's just say his O/D suffered from ED (Engagement disfuntion) of late[V]. And when it did engage, there was no kickdown function.
                  Mix that with the fact that the clutch has wanted adjustment for the past month and you finally get ol' Biggs slidin' beneath Pete to see what could be done.[:I]
                  AHA! wires hanging loose on the solenoid! That would do it![8] The power wire was loose - the wire that shorts out the ingnition was just hanging there, next to the solenoid! It's terminal screw was long gone.[xx(]
                  I scavenged another screw from a solenoid and fixed the wires - turned the bolts on the clevis rod that actuates the clutch and went zooming off to deliver a stack of pizzas to the high school where the wife teaches.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X