Bummer Day - UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer Day - UPS

I ordered some parts from a friendly studebaker vendor. They shipped it out quickly and it was to be delivered at my house today. I ran the tracking number and it showed delivery at 2:49pm. I got home at 6:30.. no package. I checked the bushes and with the neighbors. One saw teh ups man drop it off earlier. I can't believe they just left it out in the open at the door in this economy. Just a warning. when you order have the vendor select a signature requirement. Guess I made a donation to the local crime racket.

So sorry to hear that. I hope it wasn't too expensive. Isn't UPS supposed to leave a ticket if you're not there the first time?

Around here, they leave it at the local store. We have to pick it up there. UPS doesn't want to take their trucks off the main road.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I was told it was drivers discretion. It was only $100 but still. I'll have the shipper do a claim with UPS. Not sure what that will do..but definitely messes up my weekend plans.

Comment

I posted this as more of a forewarning to others so they don't have to deal with this. Would love to see the look in the crooks face though wehn they see Studebaker parts..lol

Comment

<s>Clark;</s> Bob, what should we be looking for really CHEAP on ebay?

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Whomever it is will have a packing slip to know what it is and what it's worth...what a drag. My packages are always left on my chair on my porch. They never leave a note unless requested by the seller. I have had very late packages and one delivered to a neighbor by accident, but they always make it. Knock on wood.
            This was discussed previously...you think it's punk kids, but more often than not, it's punk 40 year old kids thinking life owes them something while they're off work looking out their front window. It could even be a new racket..follow the UPS guy, run up and see what you get. Sorry, Bob

Comment

Thats the reason why I always bother vendors with small orders.
              Friends have lost orders from USA, but not me, to this day.

Lennart...
              -63 Avanti R1
              -61 Champ 6E5 122"
              -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112"
              -58 Golden Hawk
              Lennart...
              -63 Avanti R1
              -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
              -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
              -58 Golden Hawk

Comment

I have had exactly no issues with people taking packages, although anything over $200 or so I'll just have shipped to work. (It pays to be on good terms with your warehouse guy.) Now issues with UPS itself on the other hand... FedEx, the only complaint I have with them is that they don't bother to ring the doorbell, so you go outside to go somewhere and find your package has been sitting on your front porch all afternoon.

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Had 3 pair of 64-66 lark fenders shipped from SASCO years ago through UPS and they left them in a big pile in my Sisters front yard,cause no one was home!well they vanished,so I put in a claim and UPS payed SASCO to ship 3 more pairs,(free to me)but I was irate at how they just left them that way,someone saw value in those Studebaker fenders,maybe scrap?

Joseph R. Zeiger
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The local UPS guy dropped two axles over the fence into the dirt and just left them. After numerous stuff like that I have quit shipping via UPS.
                    Their supervisor could give a crap.
                    I have a FedEx account now and only receive UPS shipments when I have no other option.
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Well.. ya might watch for a timing gear, gasket set and oil pressure relief valve for the flathead 6. I already put the old gear from the parts ohv on it.. was going to do the excercise again just to make sure the gear was new. Bob

Comment

had the same problem with ups. the NEW guy threw 400 bucks worth of parts by my mail box,500 feet from the house. next time he came i caught him and chewed him up! i'm a 25yr member of the teamsters and when you get a clown like this it gives the rest of us a black eye. yes, they were stude parts[ stude content]

Comment

Had a rear quarter shipped from Sasco via Greyhound was great rate and when it arrived at bus station I was called went to station to pick up. Was a very nice way as they kept it till could get there the guys even ask if we needed help loading it into our truck. Nice way to get large items. I like to tell people of good experiences and helpful people which seem to be rare now a days so the Greyhound guys get gold star from me.

Comment

I second the greyhound gold star thing! so far they have bent over backwards and then some for me.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I shipped a studebaker tailgate to Vegas. I got a call from a stranger in vegas a few days later. Seems that the UPS guy couldn't find the address so he just threw it over the fence into somebody's backyard. Lucky the kind stranger called me so I could relay the message to the rightful recipient who lived a coupla blocks away. Tracking--schmacking...

Comment

Working...
                              X