Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop collapses on some nice Studebakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop collapses on some nice Studebakers.

A friend of mine sent me this link today about a 'wind event' that blew down a shop containing some real nice Studebakers. This happened about a month ago, and I did a quick search of forum to see if this has been shared and couldn't find anything, so here's the link. https://images.app.goo.gl/nt2R1T3LrC4Mafbb7 Looks like a tornado ripped through the place but Environment Canada called it 'wind event'. Hopefully the owner has insurance and the cars can all be saved. Unreal that nobody was hurt. Regards, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Not good.
    Looks like some sort of custom car/pickup (Studemino ?) in the mess too.

Mike

Comment

A number of Studebakers pictured. I hope the owner was properly insured and can find the necessary repair help. Regardless of insurance, the process can be a nightmare, I hope that it comes to a satisfactory conclusion.

Comment

Its hard to understand how things got stacked up. Usually a big wind will blow it all away horizontally.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

What a sight. Sorry to see the cars arranged like "Pick-Up-Sticks", but so glad the dwelling is intact.
          Last edited by Andy R.; 08-17-2022, 12:27 PM.
          Andy
          62 GT

Comment

Seeing the 1958 Golden Hawk in the wreckage gave me heart palpitations. I hope it can be fixed and driven and not stored in a barn.

Bob Miles
            Nature needs nurture in this case

Comment

Looks like maybe the Hawk “fell off” the raised floor & the Avanti & post-war stayed put? Still love those 14” wheel covers!

Comment

It looks like there were a number of 4-post lifts in the garage, and many of them had cars parked on and under them. The reporter in the video did not mention any deaths, so that is surely good news. Glad no one was seriously injured.
                Mark L

Comment

The car positioning's after a wind event is close to home for me. I wanted a spare Avanti hood for my car, after a loooong search I found one several hours from Green Bay and bought it. The rest of the story is; the car (and others from the gents collection) was hit by a tornado in the Madison WI area, tossed in the air, spun around while air born and landed nose down in the adjoining field. Gee-whizz, what surprise, it landed nose down.....guess that 289 DOES weigh close to 700 # and is a force to be reckoned with. Surprisingly the hood was not badly damaged, go figure. The rest of the car is a part's only pile, too bad, as it was in very nice condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
                    Not good.
                    Looks like some sort of custom car/pickup (Studemino ?) in the mess too.

Mike
                    I enlarged the picture quite a bit. If we're looking at the same thing, I think it's just a Champ with Studebaker fender-side bed. The shadows make it appear like a custom.

Wow! what's it take to put a Bobcat on it's side??
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Well kurtruk, I know what it takes & don't ask......

At least know body was hurt.....only my pride was dented.

Comment

Working...
                      X