No announcement yet.

56 Hawk dash swap to 53 Coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 56 Hawk dash swap to 53 Coupe?

I was wondering if a fiberglass dash from a 56 Hawk ( it is from a basket case Power Hawk, not my Golden Hawk) will physically bolt into my 53 Champion Starlight Coupe. I like the looks of the Hawk dashes much better. Thanks in advance.

It sure should. The body shell in that area is the same from 53 to 64 in the C/K series - just like the windshields.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Have had one in my 53K for over 50 years.

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I was hoping it would fit. The extra Hawk dash has a chunk gone at the top, but I am hoping I can patch the fiberglass in.

Comment

Despite comments that I've read, to the contrary, it's also the same as the station wagon and sedan models.

I put a known C model Commander dash into one of my station wagons...with...no modifications. With some "stretching" of the wire harness, even that worked.
          I also put a second, unknown history Commander dash into my second wagon...with...no modifications.

Mike

Comment

Am I the only one who really would wanna see pictures of Mike's dashboards?

Comment

Years ago I installed a 1958 Golden Hawk dash in a 54 Commander along with the bucket seats from a 63 Hawk. If you can get the wiring harness for the Hawk dash, it makes the swap a bunch easier. Bud

Comment

Hey NOX -

Well, if I could figure out the system on this forum to post pictures...I'd post a couple ! This is the most oddball forum for posting photos I've ever tried to use..!
                I'll keep trying.

Mike

Comment

If the photos are on your computer in Jpeg or other common format, just click on Attachment in the reply section, go to the photo and click on it. It will load on the reply screen where you set the cursor and ask what size you want, click on that and it loads.

At 79 I can still load pictures.

Bob

Comment

It will fit and then some
                    Last edited by Captain Billy; 07-02-2022, 05:45 PM.
                    Bill Foy
                    1000 Islands, Ontario
                    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by highpockets58 View Post
                      Thanks for the comments! I was hoping it would fit. The extra Hawk dash has a chunk gone at the top, but I am hoping I can patch the fiberglass in.
                      When I put a '57/'58 Hawk dash in my '62 Champ, I used a piece of alum sheet as a filler on the top. Then took some 1/2" (IIRC) foam rubber and finished covering it with textured vinyl glued in place. AKA padded dash. It might be an alternate to fiberglass for you.

Comment

highpockets58 , I moved your post to the Tech Talk channel. Please post technical questions here - thanks!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X