Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    I was just surprised to read it here on this forum, as I've seen similar stuff on Chevy, Cadillac & MoPar Muscle forums...

Leave a comment:

• creegster
    replied
    Made me think of this old cartoon

Click image for larger version

Name:	eb833bb4a2a8d1e82598e61b1e01c050--funny-cartoons-funny-comics.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1945930
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Self deprecation helps to solve so many problems. It's great to see that Thom gets it, I wish everybody got it. Today, it seems to me, that so many people are trying to cover their ass, that they don't take the time to see the humor in their own failures!

Leave a comment:

• Bills R2
    commented on 's reply
    X2 lol.....

• Rafe Hollister
    commented on 's reply
    But sometimes when you are a fool, and you put it in print, it may bring a smile and a bit of wisdom to others.

• Rafe Hollister
    commented on 's reply
    Oooh, brake pedal would certainly be worse. Glad I wasn't caught being that stupid!

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    Ah, & I just read it as it was written, silly me, got quite crossed about it too!
    & myself always makes loads of misstakes one after another, for those on the racing site that for sure aint nothing new... (call me master of prototypes)

Leave a comment:

• DocsMachine
    replied
    [scribbling frantically on notepad]

".... Learn... from... mistakes."

-I knew I was doing something wrong!

Doc.

Leave a comment:

• Videoranger
    replied
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn anything or forget and do it again. Boy am I in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Here is another thought or two: I just could not resist

He who has knowledge spares his words,
    And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.
    Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace;
    When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

Or in more modern vernacular: better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Bob Miles
    Old guy, old proverbs

Leave a comment:

• pinehurstbob
    replied
    I recently bought a set of rubber floor mats for my classic Chev. I laughed when I opened the box and found 2 pages of safety instructions and clips to be installed in the floor pan for safe use of the product. Guess maybe I should not have laughed. If it happened to a clutch peddle, I guess it could affect a brake peddle although we drove for how many years without instructions for floor mats.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Good one, Rafe! You gave me a laugh to start off the day.

BTW, to those who didn't get it, the key that it is innocent humor is Rafe pointing out that the problem was his own stupidity.

Hey , Rafe, you aren't stupid; I did the same thing years ago in my Studebaker. I've watched those floor mats ever since.

--Dwight

Leave a comment:

• Rafe Hollister
    commented on 's reply
    Right you are sweetolbob... and sorry I left your name out, it deserved to be in there as well!
    Rafe

• Rafe Hollister
    replied
    Painfully simple is one thing, Eddie, but in my case, I feel painfully stupid! I figured we've all been there, but this was the most frustrated and the dumbest thing I've done in a while. Considering it was going on for several months just deepened my embarrassment.
    Abraham Lincoln said "He who learns to laugh at himself will never cease to be entertained". I definitely entertained myself on this one.
    Rafe
    PS: Is there a sarcasm emoji?

Leave a comment:

• Rafe Hollister
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, thanks! That's high praise and exactly what I was going after.
    Rafe
Working...
X