Pickers came, looked, loaded and left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickers came, looked, loaded and left

Well my Spring cleaning, for summer selling, reached another step this morning, on my shop, shed, and bus cleanout. The WHOLE Lot, all but a few (very few) spare parts for the Saturday Night Special, left this morning going North. Met a new friend, done some cleaning up, and was left with the thought my family won't have to worry with truck loads of old Ford, 57 Chev. , Vega, or Studebaker parts. Down to one Studebaker. Gonna get together the rest of my old Mallory stuff , and the last of my old Sun tachs, some literature, other than Stud, and sell. Then, have a Garage sale. I'll post some progress on this in a few days, after I rest some. Here' some pics. They came, they looked, they loaded and they left.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2217.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	1944120 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2206.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	1944121 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2211.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	1944122 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2189.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	1944123 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2209.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	1944124 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.5 KB ID:	1944125

Nice tidy shop!
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

My wife and I are in the process of doing the same thing at our place. We started with a 20 yard dumpster and have made several trips to recycling, Good Will, and the dump. It feels good to get rid of all the stuff we were sure we might need some day. . . we didn't need any of it.
      It appears you have had quite a lot of success yourself. Bravo!
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I am having another round of Armageddon at my place this year as well. This will be the hardest one, where several Studebakers will likely end up going to the crusher. I’ve had many years of talkers and promises and penpals. This stuff should’ve been gone years ago. Good for you for getting after yours.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob
          I remember going to a meet some years ago and a guy brought a parts car on a trailer and it got picked clean by the time the meet was over!
          Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
            Nice tidy shop!
            Thank You! Trying to get it neat and clean, in next two or three months. Been in clean up process for a while. Post as I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
              My wife and I are in the process of doing the same thing at our place. We started with a 20 yard dumpster and have made several trips to recycling, Good Will, and the dump. It feels good to get rid of all the stuff we were sure we might need some day. . . we didn't need any of it.
              It appears you have had quite a lot of success yourself. Bravo!
              Yep, this just kinda fell in my lap. Nice people, and fair. Got a lot cleaned up

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                I am having another round of Armageddon at my place this year as well. This will be the hardest one, where several Studebakers will likely end up going to the crusher. I’ve had many years of talkers and promises and pen pals. This stuff should’ve been gone years ago. Good for you for getting after yours.
                Over the last few years, I have had 4 Studebakers, out of about 20 , go to the crusher. Back in 97 when I cleaned up my 57 Chevies, I had 25 out of 55 go to the crusher Movin on

Comment

Originally posted by stude1964 View Post
                  Bob
                  I remember going to a meet some years ago and a guy brought a parts car on a trailer and it got picked clean by the time the meet was over!
                  Rob in PA.
                  My Dad did that with his salvage yard, way before "pull a part" was thought of. He started in 1947, and I ran it for the last 13 years til 97.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post

Over the last few years, I have had 4 Studebakers, out of about 20 , go to the crusher. Back in 97 when I cleaned up my 57 Chevies, I had 25 out of 55 go to the crusher Movin on
                    I did my first Armageddon in 2015 when we sold our fancy place and downsized. I had way more than just Studebakers. I can’t even estimate how many hours I spent once I started advertising them answering questions that didn’t get answered, or got answered with stupid ****, like a car that hasn’t been running in 40 years, being asked what it would take to get it on the road. I got some sold but in August 2015 I sent several wonderful, savable vehicles to the crusher because the property was sold. I freely will tell you that I actually cried about many of them, and to this day I remember them and they haunt me. But unfortunately most people are not willing or able to take on and preserve the stuff like I did for 40 years, and they talk a lot of crap, they probably mean well, but don’t follow through.

I remember thinking then the same as I do now – my curse is that I will have to spend whatever years I have left feeling terrible regret over the cars I sent to their doom. But no matter what I try to tell myself, as I get older, I run out of choices.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by stude1964 View Post
                      Bob
                      Rob in PA.
                      Unfortunately, those days are long since over. Nowadays with the Internet, people mostly buy piece by piece whenever they feel like turning on the computer. At least that’s what I think they do, because in my experience mostly they turn their nose up.
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Good for you! People who know how to organize, catalog, advertise and treat buyers with respect have no problem selling their wares.

Comment

Indeed! Most folks buy what they need when they need it rather than hoard tons of stuff they will never need and will eventually sell for peanuts or die with.
                          Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                            Good for you! People who know how to organize, catalog, advertise and treat buyers with respect have no problem selling their wares.
                            Thanks, I tried to be fair to both of us, and everyone is happy,

Comment

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                              Indeed! Most folks buy what they need when they need it rather than hoard tons of stuff they will never need and will eventually sell for peanuts or die with.
                              The car I have now is most likely my last build. I had bought parts to go in one direction and changed my mid twice. And on top of that I bought 5 parts cars. Ended up adding a lot of parts to my stash I won't use. I will be 78 in October, and have congestive heart failure. I have been having fun with cars and parts for all my life. Now I won't leave a lot of "STUFF" for my family to have to deal with, if I kick the bucket.

Comment

Working...
                              X